The Aztecs had penalties for being drunk which ranged from head-shaving to the death penalty: Should these punishments for drinking be revived?

• It's a person's choice.

It should be a person's choice whether they want to destroy their own body. Alcohol is a medication. It is just a medication that is common and legal. A person should have a right to choose what to do with their own body, even if that means harming their own body.

• Are you kidding me

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Punishments for drinking and driving other being intoxicated during other dangerous activities should be more stringent and serious, but punishing people for simply drinking is stupid if alcohol isn't going to be criminalized in the first place. We can stick to public shaming, thank you very much!

• No, I don`t think so.

Alcohol is legal so why there need any punishments? There was no shortage of laws in the ancient Aztec empire. In many ways, Aztec crime and punishment was very much like crime and punishment in many countries today. However, some parts of the Aztec legal system will no doubt seem strange to many people...

• A bit strange

I think that shaving a person's head for drunk driving is a creative idea, but not likely to be very effective. On the other hand, the death penalty for drunk driving without killing a person is far too drastic and shouldn't even be considered. We need punishments that fit the crimes, not ridiculously easy or overly harsh ones.

Sidetrack says2016-12-20T04:55:43.773
I would guess they ranged from head shaving to death penalty based on what they did when drinking. If that is true, we already have that kind of thing. I'm sure some people are on death row because they were drunk that night.