The bumble bee is proposed for U.S. endangered species status. Are you worried about the demise of bumble bees?

• Bees are a critical part of the ecosystem.

We need bees, and they are decking at a worrying rate. Bees perform functions necessary for our ecosystem to work successfully; without their pollenation, crops would suffer, wild lands would suffer, and we would certainly suffer. Without bees, humans would last a mere 3 years. The government should make protections this very important indicator species a top priority.

• Yes, I am worried about the demise of the bumble bee.

Yes, I am worried about the demise of the bumble bee. I hope that the bumble bee attains endangered species status in the United States as the bumble bee provides an integral service in the agricultural realm and environment overall. Without bumble bees, there is threat of a huge environmental collapse.

• Yes, bees carry out many essential tasks that are difficult for humans to perform.

Bumble bees play an important role in agriculture as they pollinate crops and blossom while they fly from plant to plant to feed on nectar. It would be extremely difficult for humans to replicate this behavior if bees disappeared. They are also a delight to watch as they buzz slowly through the air looking as though they are too heavy for flight.

• No, I am not worried about the demise of bumble bees and I do not think that this country should be either

No, I am not worried about the demise of bumble bees and I do not think that this country should be either. The demise of bumble bees is not something people should be concerned with because of the minimal effect that it will have on the world and its ecosystem.