The Church of Scientology tried to frame Journalist Paulette Copper for bomb threat she had nothing to do with because she spoke out against the church: is Scientology getting out of hand?

• It is Scientology......

I do think that the church of Scientology is getting out of hand. They suppress those who disagree with them and do have some rather weird beliefs(not that I care). There have been multiple documentaries of the misdoings of Scientology (filming outsiders, interrogating, Throwing completely random fits) They are getting out of hand.

• Yes, I think so.

Today they hire professionals to do it and the professionals are a little bit smarter in knowing where that illegality line is. But they're still ultimately accomplishing the same things, psychologically terrorising people with the use of surveillance, with the use of intimidation. They're just a little bit more careful in how they do it.

• I think Scientology is getting out of hand

Scientology is a cult that has used the influence and power of its high-profile members to make headlines in recent years. It has attacked people who have spoken out against it and intimidated family members of several of its members. I can see Scientology coming under criminal investigation in the near future.

• It's been out of hand for years now.

I'll never understand how a religion can come out of a purely fictional book. I think Scientology is more of a cult. I can understand any religion disagreeing with negative press but framing a journalist is crossing a line. I wonder if there are any members within the Church who feel uneasy with these antics.

• It got out a long time ago

Scientology has been way out of hand for a long time, as anyone remotely familiar with the religion knows. There was an HBO documentary called Going Clear a few years ago that did a great job logging and detailing the misdeeds of the church, particularly under the leadership of David Miscavage. They need to be stopped.