The city of Seattle raises the minimum wage to $15 per hour. Do you support raising the minimum wage across all American cities?

• Minimum wage must rise across America

WIthout a decent living wage, society cannot function. Raising the minimum wage to $15 in Seattle is a step in the right direction although really this is still not high enough to support a family or live any kind of decent lifestyle. All American cities require a decent minimum wage so that people can live without fear of poverty.

• Yes, I Agree with Raising Minimum Wage

$15 an hour may be an excessive amount for some areas, but I believe that minimum wage should be raised. All over the country factory jobs are being cut, or entire factories are closing, leaving nothing but minimum wage jobs left. Many are forced to work two jobs just to make ends meet. I believe that raising minimum wage will be better for workers all around the country.

• Yes, Minimum Wages in the United States are Too Low

Yes, the rest of the country should follow Seattle's lead and raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. Especially in cities, where the cost of living is very high, the current minimum wage is not a living wage. Even working full time, a person earning minimum wage would not be able to afford rent and food for themselves, much less enough to support a family. Raising the minimum wage will make it more possible for people to support themselves, and not have to spend all of their time working.

• Yes and No.

When it comes to the raising of minimum wage, I somewhat 50/50 on the idea. Of course I would like to see people make more money, but at the same time, it's obviously going to raise taxes, gas prices, and the general cost of living. There could also become issues with work moral, as well.

• You have a job meant for highschoolers and college students

A minimum wage job is not meant to be a job that you make a living off of. They are jobs that require no skills and raising the wage for them will cheapen every skilled workers job. Yes they have to spend all of there time working, yes it sucks, yes you might have to live with a roommate. You are not supposed to be able to make a living by flipping burgers, these are temp jobs not careers.

• It cuts the pay of everyone else

Ok, I will agree that 7.50 an hour is extremely hard to raise a family on if not impossible. However minimum wage is not intended to be a career, they are jobs for high school and college students to make some cash. If you raise the minimum wage it will cut the pay of everyone else. If a brick layer is making 15 an hour, he is now on par with a burger flipper who has no skills. If you were making 25 an hour well guess what your value just got a bit lower. Im sorry but you do not deserve 15 an hour for a job anyone can do and that hold no responsibilities, this is coming from a minimum wage worker.