• The cops suck

I know there are still good cops out there but quite a few 'law enforcers' break laws and abuse power. I hate to see cops taking handicap spots and taking up to parking spaces. And some use their sirens and lights just to pass traffic. So that's my opinion on cops.

• Respect is Earned

But lately, I don't see the majority of police doing much to earn the respect of the general public. They extort, they lie, they even murder on occasion. I understand that many police officers are good, honest people trying to make a difference, but many AREN'T.

In fact, too many police officers aren't good an honest. So, until this country's police forces start actually self regulating themselves and putting the rights and safety of the communities they serve first, I will always distrust law enforcement.

• Da' COPS Carry Hollow Point Bullets In Their Guns. Hollow Point Bullets Are So Deadly That Soldiers In War Are Not Allowed To Use Them.

An unarmed person of color is shot every 27 hours by the police in this country. A group of demonstrators gather 1x per year outside the 3rd precinct in bayshore, long island ny. They demonstrate against persons killed while in police custody. Take for instance - an incident conveyed to me by these demonstrators - about a 13 year old boy. He was arrested for possessing a small amount of marijuana. While being held at the central islip court house jail - he sustained head injuries - i suppose da' COPS injured him - i don't know for sure. He was denied medical attention for 3 hours. At this point he succumbed to his injuries and died. FACE IT. MANY OF THE POLICE HAVE BECOME NO DIFFERENT THAN THE VIOLENT CRIMINALS THEY ARE PAID TO PROTECT US AGAINST. If You Would Like - Google: Officer Down Memorial Page. This Provides A List Of Cops "Killed In The Line Of Duty." Perhaps Have A Few Laughs - Jollies If You Will. They Say In This Country That: Fuckin With Someone Is A Lot Of Fun - But "PAYBACK IS A REAL BITCH." Please View On YouTube: Natalie Imbruglia - Torn (Official Video). When It Comes To Blind Authority - I'm All Out Of Faith Too. BTW - After Speaking To These Demonstrators Out Side The 3rd Precinct - I Called Channel 12 News On Long Island. I Suggested That They Cover This Demonstration. Their Reply: "Oh, They Do That Every Year." Here, There Is Something Very Wrong With These "People's" Values.

• Going to court over nothing

Santa fe nm sheriff wrote me up for a domestic dispute. My wife called 911 because I was out hiking and didn't return on time. She called for help to find me not to have me go to court 4 times and have to pay over a grand for an attorney. Found out this sheriff had shot and killed a person running away from him in the past and got away with it. He is still under investigation for his shooting and is still patrolling.

• Arrested for having a toothache!

I am not against law enforcement when it is proper, wish to tell this story because I was done wrong!!

I was laying in bed with a toothache, when my girlfriend called 911 afraid I would die due to septic shock. I had taken penicillin earlier and said that I would be ok in a few hours, and to leave me alone. She called anyway, and when they came of course officers of the Clearwater, Fl police department showed up. I was in pain and just widshed to be left alone to deal with my toothache, so I closed the door at which time the Clearwater police arrested me for domestic violence!! The cuffs were tight and asked them idf they would change them since I couldn't feel my hands, and they agreeded. Only to say "heres a twist and broke my finger",. Now I wasn't resisting arrest I at this point had no idea why i was being arrested. They said i did domestic violence, of which me and my girlfriend didn't even have an argument. So I lost my job of over 1yr, had my finger broken, and have currently domestic violence charges brought against me, of which I never had before. Is this fair?

• Sociopaths with badges

Long before you hand someone a badge and grant them authority over most everyone they meet, not to mention "deadly force", that individual should go through vigorous, long-term AND on-going psychological evaluations. It takes a certain type of individual to want to become a cop in the first place. Narcissism and apathy are an unspoken requirement. The very same character traits that make a so-called "good" cop, are found in serial killers and psychopaths. I guess it takes one to catch one, in this case. Right now, they are arming them to the teeth with military weapons, including armored vehicles and 50cal rounds for "homeland security". Yeah right. Are there ANY honest cops left?? I have not met one in over a decade, or two...

• Sociopaths with badges

• Police tend to focus on petty issues instead of serious crimes involving violence

Cops tend to focus on smaller and less important crimes and situations, They put a lot of resources into things like stopping drinking in public or kicking people off the beach at night. Shouldn't they be focusing on violent crimes? Especially when they go fishing and try to trick or pressure someone into saying something that would get them in trouble, usually the actual criminals would be most resilient to this i.e. real criminals would say "I'm not speaking to a police officer."

• They are inconsiderate piggies

Fuck the police coming straight from the underground
    A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown
    And not the other color so police think
    They have the authority to kill a minority
    Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one
    For a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
    To be beating on, and thrown in jail

• Stupid cops do that

Real cops. Seriously, this is, with all due respect, a very conspiracy theory type of statement. Hating and hating. Cops that are good do their job. And that's 95% of cops. Cops that do the thing you mention are really idiots in real life. Why do you feel inferior to them I ask?

• Modern Day Heroes

I am going to school to become a police officer. I will do everything in my power to bring justice to those who corrupt our society. I want to become someone who will protect loved ones and be a problem solver. I know not ever police officer is good, but not all of them are bad. Cops don't suck, their mis-judged by the media and people they serve. There are two sides to every story, yet the media only captures the side where the police are the bad guy. Without Police the US would still be corrupt and filled with criminals that take justice in their own misguided hands. Although some police do become corrupt too, don't forget even Spiderman had his sour moments. :)

• PD's are important

If we should not trust the police to enforce the law, then maybe we shouldn't trust the Armed Forces to defend the nation, maybe we shouldn't trust Firefighters.
    Yes, I understand that there has been a history of police corruption but there are some good cops out there who truly believe in protecting the innocent.

• They are our protection

There are good people and there are bad people out there. Sometimes the bad ones just happen to have the job of protecting us or maybe the power got to their heads. It doesn't matter though, they risk their lives for us, even the ones that say they suck and are all bad, even though that's a tremendous lie. Don't stereo type cops.

• There are good people, and there are bad people

It's as simple as that. There will always be good cops, and every once in a while there will be bad cops; just like there will be good and bad teachers, priests, politicians, burger flippers, etc. Having lived in multiple areas (including the west coast where cops are chastised), I have never known a cop that had bad intentions. Of course, there will be exceptions, but that's true for any profession. I believe west coast rap, especially N.W.A. Have made police a negative image. I understand the Rodney King case of 1992 was terrible, but the actions of the four LAPD officers does not speak for all policemen.