The families of those killed during the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown have accused Beijing of subjecting them to “white terror” in a bid to stop them speaking out about the massacre. Have human rights improved significantly in China?

• Slowly but surely.

I'm not too familiar with China's civil rights practices but I feel they are making some head way if not just a little bit. I feel like once new open minded leaders take office in that country than human rights in China will be a good, prominent thing. Until then it's a slow process.

• No, human rights has not improved significant;y in China.

I do not believe human rights has improved significantly in China. They still have a censored internet and censored media, and therefore do not have proper free speech rights which I believe is vital to human rights. They do not have adequate gender equality, and overall represent an enemy to the human rights movement.

• No, they could be at the worst level ever.

Human rights have never been important in China. There is no freedom there at all. In fact, if they could monitor and control your thought, you can bet your sweet bibby that they would. Unfortunately, there is no recourse against the tyrannical government in Imperial China as it stands today.

• No, human rights in China have not improved significantly

The topic of human rights in China is difficult to access due to all the restrictions in communication and oppressive tactics on the population. There may be some minor gains due to the use of the internet and social media over the past 10 years. The massacre at Tiananmen Square is not even well documented since we do not have an accurate count of the deaths that occurred.