The Gas Guzzler Tax introduced in 1978 to discourage the purchase of fuel-inefficient vehicles: Would you drive an all-electric vehicle?

• Yes, but only if its as versatile like a regular automobile.

An all-electric car would definitely give power to me and others. Skipping the gas station for home and not worrying about the current gas price as it goes up and down is plus. With that in mind, it is not the most reliable car you can have at this moment in time. Why? It's limited range makes it only useful for short commutes not for long range travel. A an average car that is at least 25 MPG and has a 15-20 gallon fuel tank can go as far as 400 to 500 miles on a single tank of gas. For a consumer who wants to go the distance and still have a green footprint look no further than to a hybrid car, the best of both worlds.

• I definitely would

If charging the electric vehicle was convenient and I didn't need to worry about running out of power, even while driving at night, then I absolutely would drive an all-electric vehicle. Well, assuming I could reasonably afford it. There would be no reason for me not to drive it, really.

• I would drive an all-electric vehicle

It is believes vehicle exhaust is one of the main reasons for the depletion of the ozone layer. If I could afford to buy one, I would happily drive an all-electric car right now. It doesn't bother me that they have to be recharged. I like to be unique in the way I live, and I think this would also be a great way to be one-of-a-kind.

• I would buy an all-electric vehicle.

Fossil fuels are a limited resource, and as we consume more of it the more expensive it will become. I would love to drive an all-electric vehicle. Electricity is not a limited resource and is much cheaper than fossil fuels, and will only become even cheaper in the near future.

• Yes, electric cars are a sustainable alternative.

Electric cars give us far more control over where our power is coming from. If we are able to move to a situation where electricity is generated exclusively through sustainable means such as wind and solar, it will lead to a substantial reduction in pollution, waste and fossil fuel use.