The German parliament has approved a resolution declaring that the mass killing of Armenians by Ottoman Turks during World War I was a genocide. Does this resolution create a political problem?

• Yes genocide leads to years of hatred.

I believe that genocide does lead to politic problems for future generations. It has been proven true over the course of world history. Hatred and non tolerance for other races or religions always proves to be on the wrong side of history in time. Those persecuted do not forget as stories pass generation to generation

• Admitting that the mass killing of Armenians was genocide will cause a political firestorm.

While I, myself completely agree that the event in which 1.5 million Armenians died is in fact genocide, it will not go over well with other political parties.
    Since that dawn of governments and political parties, there is always a mass argument over anything. Sadly, no one wants to admit or apologize for anything that may have been cause by a political issue or government. From my knowledge and recent research, it is still illegal to speak of this mass killing in Turkey, so the Turkish government is not going to stand by and allow other political parties or governments to label this horrible event without some sort of retaliation.

• Yes, it could be dangerous.

The resolution uses the word "genocide" in the headline and text. It also says Germany - at the time an ally of the Ottomans - bears some guilt for doing nothing to stop the killings. Turkey denies that there was a systematic campaign to slaughter Armenians as an ethnic group during World War One.

• It should not.

If it is true we should not cover it up. History is full of incidents that have been covered up by their respective countries that are completely atrocious. As much as we would like to forget these incidents we can not, we owe that much to the victims who suffered the most loss.