• Yes, God does exist

I'm sick and tired of people saying that God is "so unlikely to be dismissible". You seem to assume it's so likely life evolved by chance, but it's really not.

Consider this:

- if the "resonance" between nuclear ground state energy levels of helium and beryllium was out by 1% there would not be enough carbon in the universe to sustain life

- if the ratio of nuclear strong force differed by 1 part in 10^16 then no stars could have formed

- if the ratio of the electromagnetic force-constant to the gravitational force-constant were increased or decreased by 1 part in 10^40 then we would have a universe containing either only big stars (too hot to sustain life) or only small stars (too small to manufacture chemical elements)

- if the ratio of expansion and contraction forces acting just after the Big Bang had altered by as little as 1 part in 10^55 then the universe would either have expanded too quickly, so no galaxies formed, or too slowly so that it quickly collapsed

- unless our universe fell within a very tiny volume of the phase space of possible universes, corresponding to an accuracy of 1 part in 10^10^123 then there could be no second law of thermodynamics

Imagine a dice with 10^10^123 sides to it. Pick a number, any number. Believe me, you've got a lot to choose from. Now imagine rolling it. Think of all the possibilities that could come up. What are the chances that it lands on your chosen number on the FIRST ROLL??

That is what happened with the universe. In fact, it happened several times and all of them landed on the perfect number; the dice landed, again and again, on your number on the very first roll. It didn't have a second chance or a back-up plan if things went wrong; it couldn't just decide it was "bad" and remake itself. It had one chance, one roll, and everything was perfect. To quote the Bible, "It was good."

You claim it is so probable life began by chance. Look at the above. Does it seem so probable now?

Now tell me God is less probable than that.

• Existence of God

Believing in God means creation of the Universe and everything contained therein by Him. It is mandatory; otherwise prior existence of anything either created by itself or other than by God excludes itself from the dominion of God. This is true because nothing can exist without being created by any power, which could not be anything other than God. Every matter so created should be associated with its creator. Obviously, for supreme power to exist there should be nothing at the very beginning and everything subsequently to come into existence under the supreme creative power of God. Till date no evidence could be made available by any scientific principle, which could reveal existence of any matter or force by itself. However, this is a valid reason, which could substantiate the existence of anything not for itself.
    The most important aspect requiring a deeper thought is as to what happened exactly at that particular stage of the creation of anything from nothing and how does it came from nothing. What could be the form, nature or characteristics of nothing-no form, no dimension and no matter within it! Could it be the case that the creator having the power created the universe from nothing becoming dimensionless due to the presence of infinite acting and reacting forces thus having a potential to exhibit when required. If it is so then the nature or the fundamental forces which are only few viz force of gravitation, attractive & repulsive forces within the nucleus of the particles of the matter could be more in nature not completely revealed to us so far. Our identification or classification of forces to a limited number then becomes restricted.
    All the forces are inherent to the presence of equal and opposite forces in which case the presence of matter has to be excluded, as it is the outcome of such forces.
    Light has its significance importance (may be the building block of universe), which is composed of Electromagnetic radiations and is associated with source. The electric & magnetic components of the whole universe will ultimately show the total presence of the matter, resulting in the realization of the charge contained in the Universe. This could not be realized at the present stage, as it could not be possible to realize the total quantity of the charge now when the matter has already been in the state of its existence.
    The nature of the change producing force must be entirely independent. This is the true independent nature of God. God having no anti-God has the power to change the fabric of nothing to anything so perfectly designed with no flaws in his creation.
    The process of expanding of the universe still to continue linked with its existence. However, the time and space relationship and laws of physics only initiated once the big bang took place and prior to that a state with no beginning and no end.

• There is a God

I do believe that God exists, but not simply because "the Bible tells me so" (which it does). Still, however, this was a decision I made fully aware of all the data. I looked at science. I delved into the laws that govern the universe, and the reason why we're even here, and it came to my attention that maybe we all start off asking the wrong question. Instead of asking the God question to start with, maybe we should consider why we're even here. Why do we have something rather than nothing? If non-life creates non-life and out of nothing comes nothing, then why do we have something instead of nothing at all? In short, there had to be something. So this leaves us at a crossroads. If there had to be something, what was it? Really (once you boil down the prospects), there are only two possibilities: an eternal universe, or an eternal God. So which is it, you ask? Well, where does the evidence point? Eternal universe, or eternal God? My vote goes to eternal God since all key evidence such as Einstein's theory of relativity, the fact of the expanding universe, the laws of thermodynamics, and even the Big Bang theory itself show that the universe is not eternal. It had a beginning. Notice I have not once used a single biblical reference to reach my conclusion. This was simply the most logical choice, given the evidence. So there's my stance. And yes, I am a Christian.

• Coming from nothing?????

Explain to me the big bang theory. If there had to be one thing in space to start it all, then there was no space to begin with. I mean really. In theory, the big bang created everything, but what was there to create a big bang? How do you get a whole bunch of something from nothing? How could all this be just a coincedence. To say there is no exact creator is to put a shame on all the things that have ever been anything. There is too much evidence that we were created by a God, that is so huge, and amazing that it is almost foolish to deny it, just because we cant see it.

• Creationism.

I believe in God full heartedly. I must say that to start. Although, i do believe in evolution in some aspects. No, i do not believe that Adam and Eve were monkeys, hominids, or apes of any sort. But i do believe in the adaptation part. I believe that finches when having to move had to adapt to there environment and there bodies did this naturally. Though what were hominids supposedly adapting to? Could they have been a species of there own? Bird are some of the closest animals to dinosaurs (research it) but they are 2 different things. Therefor how did humans come to existence without some sort of creation to start them. If something is extinct, is it gone forever? Well that is the definition. But according to atheism, we appeared because the right molecules were in the right place at the right time. We were not in existence, but we came into it. Dinosaurs are no longer living, and by extinction will never be again, correct? But we will go with the right place and time theory if you would like.

• I believe so, but thats as far as I can say.

Since their isnt undisputed scientific evidence either proving or denying God, it comes down to ones own spirituality and beliefs. I believe God exists but thats about all I can say

• Yes GOD Exists, Some are Arrogant to express it and some are Ignorant.

From the moment man opens his eyes to this world a great order surrounds him. He needs oxygen to survive. It is interesting that the atmosphere of the planet on which he lives provides more than just the adequate amount of oxygen he needs. This way, he breathes without difficulty. For the existence of life on this planet, the existence of a source of heat is essential. In response to this need, the sun is located just at the right distance to emit just the exact amount of heat and energy man needs. Man needs nourishment to survive. Every corner of the world abounds in astonishingly diversified provisions. Likewise, man needs water. Surprisingly, three-fourths of the planet is covered with water. Man needs shelter, and in this world, there is land on which it is suitable to build and all sorts of materials to make shelters.

These are only a few among billions of details making life possible on earth. In brief, man lives on a planet perfectly designed for his survival. This is certainly a planet "created for human beings".

To Claim All these things came by it's own will be the Biggest Lie the world Ever seen.

In every detail of the infinitely varied world, man finds his Creator. God, the owner of everything in the whole universe, introduces Himself to man through the flawless design of His creation. Everything surrounding us, the birds in flight, our beating hearts, the birth of a child or the existence of the sun in the sky, manifest the power of God and His creation. And what man must do is to understand this fact.

These purposes owe their existence to the fact that everything has been created. An intelligent person notices that plan, design and wisdom exist in every detail of the infinitely varied world. This draws him to recognition of the Creator.

The existence of God is OBVIOUS. Ignoring it would only be the beginning of the greatest damage we could ever do to ourselves. That is simply because God is in no need of anything. He is the One Who shows His greatness in all things and in all ways. God is the owner of everything, from the heavens to the earth. We learn the attributes of God from the Qur'an:

God! There is no god but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining. He is not subject to drowsiness or sleep. Everything in the heavens and the earth belongs to Him. Who can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them but they cannot grasp any of His knowledge save what He wills. His Footstool encompasses the heavens and the earth and their preservation does not tire Him. He is the Most High, the Magnificent. (Surat al-Baqarah: 255)

• As a matter of logic, this question is one sided.

For an atheist to answer no, there would be a burden of proof to justify the view. This question would therefore ask, does God exist? With Yes as the only possible answer. Atheists claim that they do not deny God's existence, merely question the evidence. While I will not generalise this to all of them, there is no reason to say no God does not exist, only to say Yes. I respect the atheistic right to say the answer is not yes, however, to say no explicitly means to assume a burden of proof. The creationist has the better reasoning for how the universe came to be. While it does not necessitate the existence of God, it rules out atheism as a valid explanation since they have none. While God is not proven, we do not need to prove God. Nothing in science can be proven (with the exception of absolutes). So the question should be whether there is sufficient evidence for us to be able to say beyond a reasonable doubt, does God exist? I think the answer to that question is yes.

• Prove He Does't Exist

I get sick of people saying there isn't a God! So I simply ask them this queation,"Prove to me that there isn't one!" I guarantee it that the evidence you'll come up with I can prove you wrong! GOD does Exist!! Ad no you don't just have to have faith he exists! There's proof!! You. Can not just tell me we got lucky with a "Big Bang". If that's the case how could a "Big Bang" put us to the exact degree away from the sun so we don't burn or freeze??

• God Does Exist

God exists because the Bible says so.

O say can you see by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
    O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
    Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
    In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
    'Tis the star-spangled banner, O! Long may it wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
    That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
    A home and a country, should leave us no more?
    Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation.
    Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

• God does not exist, as there is no proof.

There is no proof other than an old book, that God, from the Christian religion, does exist. While I do believe the man "Jesus" existed, I do not believe his father "God" did. If he loved and cared for everyone, why is there so much crime, death, and violence in this harsh, unforgiving world? Explain that.

• O he doesn't

For the last time, god isn't real. Science has denied his excistance and there is no legit prof that hes real. This is a very complex topic but to be simple the universe was created by the Big Bang. Humans and life where created from stardust, which is a good way to put it, and evolved over time into new species.

• There is no Evidence

In order to believe something as true, a person should demand evidence, otherwise they are just gullible. The burden of proof is on those who make a positive claim. Anyone who claims that a God exists, has the burden of providing evidence for that claim. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Claims without proof can be dismissed without proof.

• Probably Not At All.

If god is so powerful, then why does he need people to go out and "spread the good news". If he is all powerful he wold be able to prove his own existence. But yet again, the whole point of religion is to have faith. Arguing with theists is counterproductive because they wont believe you because they have faith. Every argument I have been in with a theist, they never provide adequate evidence. When I try to present evidence to them, they simple say that it can't be so because it goes against their beliefs, and what their god says. Honestly, I could write whole book about the arguments I have heard. But I will spare you from the stupidity of their claims.

• God doesn't exist, so does the tooth fairies

It is obvious. No. Because the existence of the supernatural god is highly improbable, and this opens so much other questions like 'where the god comes from' 'who made the god'. It is time to leave those bronze age myths behind and accept the world of reality as it is.

• God of the gaps

God (or gods) have always filled in the blank space of human knowledge. The less you know the more supernatural. Take this in reverse, that's why I think there is no Almighty Creator (for one reason). God created all creatures? Evolution proves it's not the case. Earth is placed by god in the center of the universe? Galileo proves that also to be wrong. The list continues almost endlessly.

• What proof is there that he does?

I personally do not believe in God, or any deity for Ifthat matter. If anything, there's more proof that he doesn't exist then he does. In the Bible, it says that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. False. It has been proven that the Earth is much older than that. People claim Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead. Prove it. There's so much more I could say that it would take days to read it all. In conclusion, we can't prove he does or doesn't exist for sure, but there is more evidence to suggest he doesn't than he does.

• Probably not. Deal with it.

Most likely doesn't exist because there is absolutely no proof for the existence of any gods. Still waiting for proof, and guess what? The bible is about as much proof for god as the Harry Potter books are evidence for the existence of Hogwarts. So I won't waste my one life on something that doesn't exist like most people do.

• The duration of sinners in hell says it all.

Eternity, my friends. Do you think a god capable of love would condemn anyone to ETERNAL suffering? In a faith where repenting gets people into heaven, why would a god punish anyone forever? There is so much wrong with that! There are logical problems (love & eternity), human problems (what is pain?) and stat problems (human life span).

First, the life span issue.
    Religion has been around for quite a while. People used to not live much longer than 40 or 50, I'm sure I'm even at a rare and high estimate at 40. Now people can live up to 100. This brings a moral issue, say the man who is a light sinner who lived to be 40 would have repented in his life around 50. God knows everything, he knows the man would have repented, but he did not. Now lets say a much worse sinner lived to 100 and repented around 80. Does the man who sinned worse for a longer period of time deserve salvation while the man who sinned less burns in hell for never repenting? Let's say they both had 60 years to live, the first man would be saved and the second would not. Do you see the issues here? An all knowing and loving being would not send either of them to hell, yet the circumstance of their time period and medical technology granted or took away their salvation.

A second issue is pain. What is pain? People get used to pain that occurs over a very long duration. If hell is eternity.. then no how matter great the pain, people would eventually get used to it.

Finally, how could a loving god condemn anyone to an eternity in hell? It seems unlikely. This one doesn't need as much explaining because the concept isn't hard to understand. None of these reasons even get into scientific errors that are in each holy book... hopefully by this character, a point has been made.

• Jumanji can not be serious.

Creationism is clearly false first of all. We see micro evolution in our everyday lives. And since micro evolution clearly exists, macro evolution must exist, because all it is is macro evolution over time. Meanwhile, creationism states that God created everything as it is. That is complete bullshit. Just look at a cow. A modern cow is the work of artificial evolution by humans. Same with corn. The corn we know of today could not exist without human interference. If you saw and tasted early maize, it would be unrecognizable from the corn we know of today.
    Another one is reptiles. It is a fact that reptiles are decendents of the dinosaurs. The dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. An iguana is a lot different from your average T-Rex, as is an alligator, crocodile, etc. Yet dinosaurs are reptiles, and iguanas never existed back in the days of the dinosaurs. Now are we to assume that iguanas just magically appeared, or should we take the more logical approach, and come to the conclusion that iguanas evolved from the surviving reptiles of the one of many mass extinctions 65 million years ago?

coz300 says2013-02-17T13:53:08.160
Creation proves the Creator. It really is that simple. How could anything exist without having been made? An Atheist believes that 'Something came from nothing.' Isn't it more logical that 'Something came from Something."? Of course, that begs the question 'Where did the second Something come from?' At that point we have reached the limit of human understanding, because human logic knows that something must come from something else. The Creator is God, of course and a basic definition of God is that humans are not able to comprehend the nature God. But, we are capable of understanding that there must be a God, because here we are. The nature of God can be debated, but his existence cannot. The fool says to himself 'there is no God' Creation proves the existence of a Creator.
lit.wakefield says2013-02-19T22:55:19.300
Would you like to debate this, coz300? If you make a debate entitled "Creation proves the Creator" with the description you have given as your opening argument, I would be happy to debate you.
Anonymous says2013-05-03T06:42:13.300
"Creation proves the creator" <- explain to me imaginary particles then? They phase into existence and annihilate themselves almost immediately. These things have no cause to create them, they are mere random occurrences. The proof of existence in this lies with Hawking Radiation. There's an example of something we know is formed out of nothing, into something.
MrJosh says2013-05-24T16:43:04.033
Saying that "Creation proves the creator" is a tautology. The very word "Creation" assumes a creator. Why not avoid this problem and talk about "The Universe As We Know It," instead of creation so as to avoid this problem. If you use that wording you have a topic worthy of discussion.

At the point when we reach the limit of human understanding, the correct response is not "God," it is, "I don't know." The former is an argument from ignorance.
Juan_Pablo says2014-01-08T06:54:15.047
Yes, God does exist. No, he is not good.