The largest and most powerful power plant on Earth is the Three Gorges Dam in China. The project caused multiple landslides, and even slowed down the Earth's rotation a fraction of a second. Does China care enough about the environment?

• I dont really care

I dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really carei dont really care

• Yes, China seems to care little for the environment.

China has recently topped the World Health Organization's polls for the being the deadliest country in terms of outdoor air pollution. The country's continued burning of coal causes thousands of premature deaths among its own people and contributes to world pollution levels. Smog levels recently were so high in Beijing that schools and factories were forced to close. The Chinese government has traditionally prioritized industrial growth over the environment.

• I don't imagine they intended the harm that was caused

I can't imagine that China went into the construction of the plant with the idea that the landslides would happen, and I certainly doubt that they had any idea about slowing the Earth's rotation. It was most likely one of the "worst-case scenarios" and something went wrong that they didn't plan for. This doesn't mean that the Chinese don't care about the environment.

• No, China isn't looking at the bad sides of building the dam

China was just looking at all the good outcomes of this they didn't even stop to think of all the bad things that will happen. Now so many things are happening because of the dam, and they still don't want to stop the building. The dam is causing a lot of destruction and a lot of environmental problems too. THEY NEED TO STOP!

• No, China does not care about the environment

First off, China built the dam even though many people opposed it.
    Second, I believe that they knew how much harm it would do to the environment and they built the dam anyway.
    Third, This Dam has destroyed 1,300 archaeological sites and some of the region's most beautiful parts.
    Fourth, this dam has caused over 1.3 million people to relocate due to flooding. So no, China does not care about the environment

• No, China does not care about the environment.

I strongly believe that China should do something about this power plant. If the power plant can cause such effects as the landslides and even slow down the earth's rotation, then it is very dangerous. Even after this impacts, China has done nothing about it. It is therefore evident that China does not care about the environment.

• No, China does not care enough about the environment.

No, China does not care enough about the environment, but they should. China is one of the biggest polluters in the world due to the amount of people that exist in the country. China needs to do everything it can to protect the world around it. China must create new legislation.