The perfect god theory is nonsensical as if god is perfect he must have had a creator given his complexity.

Asked by: steffon66
  • As complex as god is im supposed to believe he came from nothing and just happened to be perfect?

Yea thats a stretch. Nothing in the universe is perfect or anywhere near it. Thats because things that come from nothing and randomness are very unlikely to be perfect. The more complex something is the more unlikely it is that it would be perfect when it comes from nothing. And im supposed to believe that the one thing that did happen to be perfect is also the most complex thing in existence? Yea right. If god is perfect he had to have a creator himself which would have to be perfect to create him and then what created it? Its ridiculous. If perfection can so easily be the result of nothing then why do we have to work so hard to have things that are just good? If we cant create a perfectly objective morality then how is nothing supposed to come up with a perfect GOD. Thats silly

• Atheists and their straw man arguments!

Though you can't see him, his footprints are everywhere, so much so that virtually every culture came up with a version of the creator, for the Egyptians it was maat, for the Indians it was the great spirit and for because Christians it was God, people can play pretend all they want, but at the end of the day, there isn't a man on earth that doesn't know the presence of the creator, though they may not know the specifics, there isn't any denial of his existence, ignostics for example, are what I call unbiased atheists, there is a God, good work! Now it's time to know him, when I'm ready to I will publish a paper that will undoubtedly proove his existence,
    I would also like to include I'm a Christian, not a ignostic, I don't support an argumentbuntil I have proof, and I have proof to spare.

• If God is the creator that he is, he must be perfect.

I'm not a religion fanatic, but I believe in God. One thing I know is God is my creator and since He created the heaven, earth, humans, animals, plants, elements and everything we can hear, see or feel, I think he's perfect coz he has no creator. He's like a product of nature with everything nature wants. I think He created us imperfectly so we can never be as complete as He is.

• How do YOU know?

As a Christian, I believe we have a perfect Creator. Our Creator, if we have one, is, in my opinion, only capable of perfection and omnipotence. My reasoning behind this is that our Creator isn't visibly causing destruction and mayhem, and gave each of us a mind capable of independent thought. This tells us that He clearly isn't sadistic or mean-spirited, and also that He is kind enough to not force us to worship Him. This, in my opinion, (as he has infinite power, and infinite power corrupts completely) displays an infinite amount of self-control, thus perfection. The argument that God, given His inherent complexity, has to have been created by an even more powerful being, and that no more powerful being exists is completely absurd. We can't comprehend the full nature of God any more than that of infinity, or the square root of -1, as God is infinite in power and grace. So how do you know (much less comprehend) the origins, or lack thereof, of God?

• Complexity doesn't require a conscious creator.

I do not claim that there is a creator whatsoever, but the argument that the existence of complexity is proof of a higher being is fallible. Many complex and intricate structures exist in nature that are the result of simple physics and chemistry forming patterns over long periods of time, like nebula and stars.

A higher being which is perfect could exist as the result of being present during the time of all events and aware of all things in the universe. Storing large amounts of information over a long, or endless, amount of time would give someone full understanding of events, why they happen, and how to resolve them if needed.