The pound to dollar exchange rate fell to the lowest level in 30 years following the Brexit vote. Will this hurt the U.S. economy?

• Yes, this will hurt the U.S. economy?

Because we live in a world where trade and commerce are linked on a global level, the exchange rate is an indicator of problems to come. We are already seeing a drop in the stock market, and other sectors of the economy are sure to see a change soon. Trade will become more difficult and expensive, making everyday goods more expensive.

• No it will not

Although it is pretty low it will most certainly not hurt the U.S economy. We had a similar problem with this a couple decades back I recall with another country somewhere in Europe. It eventually get back again in the later years or months. So do not worry if you are traveling to Britain.

• I do not think this will hurt the U.S. Economy.

Although the pound to dollar exchange rate is lower now than it has ever been, I do not believe this will hurt the U.S. economy. It will, however, hurt the British economy. I believe this shows how strong the dollar is in backing compared to the pound and its backing.

• No, I do not think that the Brexit vote will have significant effects on the United States economy.

No, I do not think that the Brexit vote will have significant effects on the United States economy because the dollar is now more valuable than the food, which is good for the United States in terms of trade. Only time will tell if Brexit will have permanent negative effects on the United States economy.

• The U.S. Economy is Still Safe Despite the Brexit Vote

The pound is at the lowest level that it has ever been because other countries are worried about the impact the Brexit vote will have on Britain and its economy. However, the U.S. is not involved in this particular conflict and I do not believe that the U.S. economy will be impacted by this British decision in the long run.