• It doesn't go against my beliefs

People that aren't religious have no problem with it. What if i'm not religious and i'm just living off a machine, suffering and in pain, knowing i'm going to die. I would definitely want to end my suffering. I wont "go to hell" for it. Its my body and were all gonna die some day. I should be able decide how I want to go, (with the right circumstances)

• Euthanasia is a yes

I believe that under the right circumstances; which is a person being fatally ill and whom is living in pain and can no longer bear it because they know their end is soon to come, it is okay. Why should they have to suffer and make their loved ones suffer any longer than needed to. Some people also like to refute that religion makes it morally incorrect but some people are not religious and it does not play a factor for them but also everyone has done something that is morally wrong but would this even count as morally wrong; that it is better to suffer than relieve you and those around you? I definitely do not think so...And is it was legal it should only be given out by the government so that it is not misused. There are ways to control unwanted issues so reflecting on what I have said is it truly a bad idea to legalize euthanasia?.....

• I wouldn't Encourage it, but I understand it.

I would never wish for a friend or family member of mine to do this, but I understand why it is done and that it is the person's own decision. If a person is truly in pain or will be in pain and there is no hope of survival I can see why they would want to avoid suffering and have their families remember them as strong healthy people. Also, if a person is convinced that they need to end their lives, I believe it is better for them to have it done in a safe sterile way. If it is done in a hospital it prevents and pain for the person and the possibility of a family member or friend finding the person at home and being mentally scarred for life.

• Your way of 'living' your life is your own

Isn't it just as immoral to force someone to live through a life of pain and suffering? I think its more immoral to take away someones own choice about there life and decide that your way of them living will suits them best. Euthanasia doesn't have to become suicide and it doesn't have to be murder. Everyone dies someday and no one person can escape that, so why are people treating death as though its such a ridiculous concept?

• People have the right do what they want wit their life.

Why would you want to live off of a machine? People don' t understand that being painless is better than living, and suffering. People like Terri Schiavo are suffering so much, philosophers don't even consider them people. That's NOT rights. People take care of them selves and this is just another thing to take take of your self. Dying is a part of life. Even if you choose to die, it' still part of the cycle. You're just choosing to fast forward a little and that's not a crime. Its gonna happen anyways.

• What about the person's loved ones?

Would you like to see your father, your mother, slowly fading away, deteriorating? The first thing I would do is trying to solve the pain, to make them suffer less. If that is not possibile, maybe the only way to end it all is letting them die. It is not a murder.

• Living a life of pain

Is choosing to die really better than living a life of pain and suffering for the terminally ill? I would say so, but their are many that may not agree. Both sides of the situation can be very well understandable, however what everyone should keep in mind is that it is their life. How fun would life be if you have to rely on a pill to keep you alive, but still couldn't do anything because you are in so much incurable pain. Every day you are in constant pain, maybe even to the point where you couldn't talk, couldn't walk, or even a simple trip to the bathroom is in agonizing. How would deal with this situation? Can you put yourself in the shoes of the person suffering and the family? It is simply not fair for someone else to tell someone that they have to stick it out just because they believe that is wrong whether or not if its the belief of religion or anything else.

• I say yes

I voted yes on this because the decision of euthanasia lies upon the terminally ill patient. I believe that terminally ill people should be able to make the decision of taking their own life because if it were me I would not want to live in pain. Also I would want to die with dignity and I feel as if euthanasia would give me that chance to die with dignity.

• Your own right

If you were suffering on a daily basis, with pain levels that seemed never ending or if you are watching a loved one slowly deteriorate, and become a shadow of their old selves wouldn't you want their suffering to end? The biggest argument against euthanasia is the religious aspect, with many claiming that we have no right to be god, however people have no wish to be god, rather they wish to help ease the suffering that many terminally ill patients face.

• We all die eventually

We'll all die. But in an age of increased longevity and medical advances, death can be suspended, sometimes indefinitely, and no longer slips in according to its own immutable timetable.

So, for both patients and their loved ones, real decisions are demanded: When do we stop doing all that we can do? When do we withhold which therapies and allow nature to take its course? When are we, through our own indecision and fears of mortality, allowing wondrous medical methods to perversely prolong the dying rather than the living?

These intensely personal and socially expensive decisions should not be left to governments, judges or legislators better attuned to highway funding.

• Euthanasia is forbidden in Islam.....

Bismillah

Muslims are against euthanasia. They believe that all human life is sacred because it is given by Allah, and that Allah chooses how long each person will live. Human beings should not interfere in this.

Life is sacred

Euthanasia and suicide are not included among the reasons allowed for killing in Islam.

Do not take life, which Allah made sacred, other than in the course of justice.
    Qur'an 17:33
    Allah decides how long each of us will live

When their time comes they cannot delay it for a single hour nor can they bring it forward by a single hour.
    Qur'an 16:61
    And no person can ever die except by Allah's leave and at an appointed term.
    Qur'an 3:145
    Suicide and euthanasia are explicitly forbidden

Destroy not yourselves. Surely Allah is ever merciful to you.
    Qur'an 4:29
    The Prophet said: "Amongst the nations before you there was a man who got a wound, and growing impatient (with its pain), he took a knife and cut his hand with it and the blood did not stop till he died. Allah said, 'My Slave hurried to bring death upon himself so I have forbidden him (to enter) Paradise.' "

Jazakallah

• Of course NOT!!!!

I want to live as much as possible. Do I want to suffer? No, but there are medications that will ease the pain and be able to live several days. Putting my life in someone else's hand is not even an option. God gave me life only he can take it away. Point blank

• I do not think euthanasia should be legal anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

God gave us a live for a reason with so much technology in the world they should be able to make a machine to keep sick people alive. Our bodies are a temple of God. We shall not harm ourselves. It is wrong to kill someone or yourself in any form or fashion!!!!!!!!!!

• Euthanasia is bad

Think about it. Would you rather die of drugs or die of disease? Also, if it were me, I would rather live an extra couple of days than just let someone kill me. Killing a patient is still considered killing. Just because you are killing a patient to end their suffering, that doesn't mean you are helping them.

• Euthanasia is wrong

My question is when did we decide that we are God - the giver of life and therefore the one who says when life ends - we cannot for any reason decide we are God. There is value in suffering and it is redemptive. Jesus suffered and so will we, because we are to imitate Jesus, so therefore I will suffer if it means that I have united myself with Christ in the redemption of mankind.

• Euthanasia is forbidden in the major religons....

I begin with salutation. My opinion is that i think euthanasia is also like helping someone commit suicide(assisted suicide). So would you want to kill your mum or dad before your eyes. I wouod say no because my mum bought me up from a baby to a 12-year-old boy. So you should leave them alone. It has nothing to do.

• No No No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

• It is bad

Let's say if your mother wanted to die. What if you family wanted to die because of suffering would you let them do it and you will be depressed but it is you you need to Handle it like I wouldn't let my mother die. "If someone told you to kill yourself would you do it.

• Euthanasia is bad

It does't mean that u are helping people all u are doing is killing them. Doctors say its the right thing to but its not u helping them die. They just don't care about the patients. Even at my school we are doing debates about. My opinion is that it should be illegal.

• Euthanasia is bad