The Rams' Coty Sensabaugh got married and had guests make donations of shoes instead of gifts. They Spent their honeymoon in the Dominican Republic handing out the shoes. Are athletes doing enough for charity?

• Yes, many athletes do a lot for charity.

I believe giving to charity is a personal decision and not something that should be judged by the public. What the Rams' Coty Sensabaugh and his wife did is very commendable and makes me have a higher opinion of him as a person. I think it is wonderful when athletes use what they have been blessed with for the good of others. However, I think that if an athlete doesn't give to charity that doesn't make me judge them as a bad person because frankly, it is none of my business what they do with their money.

• So many athletes doing such great work!

So many athletes give a tremendous amount of time and money to different charitable groups. They do so because they want to, not because they have to. There is no such thing as enough or not enough charitable giving. It is all up to those who choose to do it or not do it.

• Athletes are as charitable as the rest of us

Singling out athletes to be more charitable is not fair. The general population could be more charitable. It is always wonderful to see people using their resources in positive ways to help others. But because one person has more resources than others does not mean that they should have to give them up for good causes.

• Most don't care.

I think that the story about the Rams player is great. He already has so much money, so he didn't need wedding gifts, but this is a wonderful gesture. Overall though, I don't think that athletes do enough for charity. Most of them are only worried about acquiring more for themselves.