The SEC awards $22 million to the Monsanto whistleblower. Will this encourage future whistleblowers to come forward?

• Yes, I believe this will encourage future whistleblowers to come forward.

For some, monetary reward is a very strong motivator. If the public exposure and personal difficulty brought about by being a whistleblower doesn't deter someone, I suspect that they will jump at the chance to be compensated for telling the truth. I see this as a fair prize for fighting a necessary fight.

• Yes, a large cash award for the Monsanto whistleblower from the SEC will encourage future whistleblowers to come forward.

Yes, a large cash award for the Monsanto whistleblower from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will encourage future whistleblowers to come forward. Whistleblowers face tremendous professional and social risks coming forward with information that could damage the reputations of governments, corporations and individuals. Awarding such brave behavior will provide incentives for whistleblowers.

• Yes, of course, the chance of cash rewards are very strong motives.

I agree whistleblowers would be much more likely to come forward with this landmark reward and surely, as we speak, it has been implanted in the back of their minds. It will loom in whistleblowers minds as there is so much going on in secrecy. In addition to that remark, I would like to add that this tactic of rewarding whistleblowers should not be so clearly necessary if every American citizen had not lessened their requirement that themselves, their company and the government shall have integrity.

• Yes, whistle blowers need to come forward.

This is the best news I've read all day. Monsanto and everything they stand for. Monsanto products kill people. Wipe off this criminal corporation and its GMO`s. Whistle blowers need to come forward about the toxic metals being sprayed on us from the sky.Time to reward other whistle blowers like Julian Assange and Bradley Manning and put the real crooks behind bars.