The SEPTA strike ended today. Do you agree with the reasoning for the strike beginning in the first place?

• Yes, I do.

I agree with the reasons behind the strike, but the timing was very bad. The election means that people need access to transportation in order to vote, and in many cases to go to school and to work. The strike really disenfranchise people, which it was ment to do, and angered many of the people who support unions.

• No, SEPTA should not have left thousands of people without transportation.

SEPTA should not have left thousands of people without transportation at a crucial time in the United States. November 8th is Election Day and it is going to be one of the most important elections in American history. Without transportation, thousands of people will not be able to use their right as an American citizen and be able to vote. The reason for the strike is valid, but both sides should have negotiated to solve the problem so that SEPTA could keep people moving.

• I do not agree with the reason for the strike.

The reason for the strike was pay increase. The workers already receive more payment and better benefits than the market average and they are low skilled when compared to many other professions. The only reason the strike got traction was the private corporations that could support the lack of transportation.

• No, I do not agree with the reasoning for the strike beginning in the first place.

No, I do not agree with the reasoning for the strike beginning in the first place, especially because it came so close to the election. If the SEPTA strike lasted through today, many people may not be able to vote. They should have come together and made a deal to prevent this strike.