The U.S. economy had its best quarterly growth rate in two years. Are you feeling better off?

• Yes, I am.

I have a better job and I make better money than I did two years ago and the same thing is true for other people I know. There are also more businesses than there were before and minimum wage is higher as is the average going wage that people are being paid.

• Fear still rules the day

With the complete end of democracy near to hand, and some really poor managers at the office, I don't feel especially better off, economic indicators not withstanding. My investments aren't growing fast enough to allow me to consider actually retiring and student loan debt remains oppressive. Glad the wealthy get some better news, at least.

• No, I am not.

No, as a writer I am not feeling better off at this time. I feel that more and more writing outlets are paying writers less and less. I feel that prices of housing, food, furniture, clothes, and utilities continue to increase. I'm not sure who is benefiting from this growth, but I don't think I am.

• I'm not worse either though

Change is very slow. I don't feel as though I'm worse off than before, but I wouldn't say better either. However, given where we started, i think a decent amount of rebounding has occurred, and hopefully things will continue to move in the right direction. People are always worried, and I'm no different.