The United Way has a hotline (211) that connects people in need with services: Do enough people know this exists?

• No, they don't.

Some people do not know about the existence of the hotline (211) that connects people in need with services. This is because most of the needy people still try to find a way to sort out their problems rather than receiving this services. Therefore, the United way should popularize this hotline.

• It would help more people.

No, not enough people know about the United Way's hotline, because there are so many more people who need help than receive it. The United Way has many services, but too many people suffer through personal transitions because of family and domestic violence, or hunger and homelessness, without receiving the help they need. There should be awareness campaigns.

• No, they do not.

I have needed help in my life, and the United Way hotline might have helped me. But I did not know about it, so I was unable to use it. I am not sure that I am going to rember that it exists in the future and I think more peopel should know about it.

• No, more people should know about this free and confidential service.

No, although I'm not too involved with United Way, 2-1-1 says it offers "free and confidential service that helps people across North America." If it truly helps in the services mentioned on their website (www.211.org), we should all know about this service. 2-1-1 seems to have a 24 hour hotline for people dealing with human trafficking, crisis and emergency, disaster assistance, food, health, housing and utilities, jobs and support, reentry, and veterans. Even though it was the first website that pulled up when I searched it, if I hadn't known to look, would I have found it?