The use of propranolol in dampening a person's memory: Is erasing a harmful memory worth losing the opportunity to learn from the experience?

• Yes, the memories are horrific.

Yes, the use of propanolol in dampening a person's memory is worth it, because the memories the person is trying to forget are often very painful. A person should be able to decide for themselves if they want to erase the painful memory. It is unfair for others to impose on the person whether they should be allowed to erase the memory or not.

• It's not a worthwhile risk

I have bad memories in my past that keep me from doing or thinking stupid things now, without them I'd like to think that'd still be true but I'm not positive and it's not worth the risk for a procedure that sounds extremely dangerous to begin with. I cannot come up with reasons to condone going through with this.