• Yes, there is only 2, in my opinion.

Look the people that I have seen talk about this have said that they (some) feel both male and female, some feel like gender fluid and a lot of things, but only because you feel this way or like this specific thing does not mean you need a gender so you can differ from others.

Posted by: SGR
  • There are only two genders.

Those genders are male and female. There's really no such thing as transgender. No matter what gender you identify as, no matter how many hormone injections and plastic surgeries you have, you will ALWAYS be the gender you were born as. Facts don't care about your feelings. If you were born a man you are a MAN If you were born a woman you are a WOMAN. Go and be transgender if you like. It is not my place to stop you and you are free to chose how you live your life but I certainly don't have to agree with you. It's fact. Male and female are the ONLY genders. Not another can be added.

• Gender is attached to sex

Why is this a sudden issue people everyday are trying to get farther away from society as a whole when in reality feeding to their stupidity is insane, so why help feed that we should work towards helping them yes and not being stupid and letting then away with it. They need a reality check.

• In Terms Of Biological and Cultural Aspects, There Most Certainly Are Two

I understand that this is a relatively touchy subject for many, but seen as it is an argument that has been going on for quite a while in political-correctness obsessed Western society that we live in, I feel the need to share my input. I always went my previously ignorant life thinking gender is simply a word used to describe one's sex, while simultaneously lowering the probability of confusing this with the aspect of sexual feelings or activity. However, while sex is usually considered biological, gender usually refers to an extended version of that, often covering aspects such as cultural or physiological parts of one's life caused by their biological sex. It is 100% clear that there are two sexes, and I would strongly agree with the idea that there are only two genders as well. Scientists at various institutions have found that one's most basic actions reflect on that of their sex, which is therefore basic gender. The transgender community feels as if they belong to another gender, and in many cases, they actually do, which is what defines them as transgender, not if they physically change their sex. However, it is very rare that you will find an individual whose mentality contradicts both male and female genders. Even if you do find someone that fits that description, the fact remains that it is more of a psychological problem rather than a different gender. One thing is for certain though, clouds, dirt, chocolate, and mayonnaise are not genders.

• There are only two.

If there is more than two genders, then why has there never been a "demi-queer cactus" gender on any form I've ever seen? They aren't discovering new genders, people are literally making this shit up in their heads. Just saying. I never thought this was a difficult subject to understand but people have some pretty wil imaginations. I sexually identify as a jewish man missing his right testicle, please respect my gender.

• Its biology dammit

Okay. So. In biology class, you learned that gender is determined by your 26th chromosomes (x and y chromosomes). XX is a female, XY is a male. There are some genetic deformities that can occur, such as Klinefelter syndrome (2X chromosome and a Y chromosome, causing a feminine build on a male body) and Turner syndrome (1X chromosome and 0Y chromosome, male build on a female body), but they are still considered to fall under male or female.

• Scientifically speaking, yes

Now I do understand that there are shemales around the world, but the vast majority of us either has a vagina or a penis. These determine our genders, thats it. If you feel against this, then that is all in your head. The belief that there are other genders is simply a mental belief and is just a way to be a fucking moron.

• Only 2 fricken genders

For godsake look down at your genitals theres only a penis and vagina nothing else and if your trans your still your starting gender you will always be a boy or a girl nothing else even if you change your gender i disgust me that people are this stupid seriously.

• Don't fix what's not broken.

We need to stop playing Jiu-jitsu with basic foundations of society like gender. We have so many other more important problems out there, why are we creating all this confusion. I think Facebook now has 51 gender identities. I mean this is getting ridiculous. Some things just shouldn't change and gender is one of those things.

• Being trans supports 2 genders

If you are a transgender man that identifies as a woman, then you are a woman, still conforming too the 2 genders. Being trans is not a gender, its the act of being biologically one gender but being mentally and morally another. I do believe in transgender and homosexual rights but I also only believe, like my best friend who is transgender, that there are only 2 genders, not 100+

• There is a lot of confusion, and it's all unjustified because the truth is very simple

There are only two sexes. But there are myriad genders. Two often people relate to gender, the same understanding of sex.

Sex is what is given to you at birth based on your genitalia. It's not a matter of debate unless you get a sex-change. At birth, you are either man, woman, or possibly a hermaphrodite. That is indisputable.

But it is not so definite or binary with gender. In the issue of gender it is psychological, not a matter of opinion or 'feelz'. There is very little to dispute. There is not a definitive Man or Woman in the human gender identity. There is a Man and a Woman, but there is a whole spectrum in between where people can identify how they wish. Sex is binary, gender isn't

Source: I am a gender non-conformist in theory

• There are more than two genders.

I believe that there are only two genders for humans, but there are more than two in other species. (I know your thinking this is cheap, but the question never specified). For example there is a type of fungi that has 36,000 different genders. There is a type of jelly fish that can actually change gender. Also in Latin (maybe this is a little cheap) there are three genders Masculine, Feminine, Neuter.

• No no no

There are 4: male, female, agender, and hermaphrodite. Though you could say that there are only 3 since a Hermaphrodite is only a male and a female, and thus not a unique gender, or that there are only 2 since agender is the lack o a gender therefore not a gender, but these are all legitimate answers as to what gender you are, so you could say that are are 4 or 2

• Sex and gender are not the same

Sex and gender are not the same thing. Most people who say "yes" to this end up arguing that there are only two *SEXES*, and they're even wrong about that; there are a number of intersex conditions.

In short, sex is physical, and most people are within 2 categories of that, and gender is psychological, and though *most* people also fit within two categories as either men or women, there are plenty of others; non-binary, agender, GNC, and various others.

• MRI scans prove some sort of scale

The was a study done at the University Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy that was composed of 23 trans men, 21 trans women, 23 cis women, and 22 cis men. Researchers used a type of MRI scan to measure diffusion of particles across brain matter. Cis women had the highest diffusivity (highest particle movement), and cis men had the least. Trans men were in second, and trans women were in third. This shows that gender is more of a scale/spectrum, with transgender people being more towards the middle.

• There are actually 745 genders, according to Websters dictionary.

The true definition of a gender, it to be determined. I can identify as a rainbow, a piece of cactus, or quite simply Bob Marley's left over blunt. Therefore, all of you elitist conservatives whom'st've believed that there exists only 2- are falsely elitist and ignorant and need to stop your erect, erroneous ways of thinking.

• There are 4 genders

There are males, who have am X chromosome and a Y chromosome. There are females, who have two X chromosomes. There are hermaphrodites who have three x chromosomes and one y chromosome, and Apache Attack Helicopters, who have nuts and bolts and eleven thousand, three hundred and ninety pounds of freedom.

• Helicopter gender spectrum

When will you all begin to realize other helicopters are genders as well?!?! I identify as a Chinook but people laugh at my feelings! Apache's are so intolerant of us other helicopters. You SJW's only care about what fits into your selfish, narcissistic views. If you can be 754 genders of whatever floats your boat I can be a Chinook helicopter

• You are a moron

Facts don’t care about your feeling and how you feel. There are on two genders and that’s all there will ever be. Go ahead and think your a different gender because how you feel. But don’t go and yell at everyone and shut up. No one cares about your you say. Sorry if I hurt your feelings snowflake, no one cares.

Sciguy says2016-09-10T20:32:06.360
There are only two biological Genders. However, there are two mental genders created by the ill.