There are only two genders. Yes or No? Back up your answer with FACTS not opinions or feelings.

• Gender and sex are the same thing.

Many people on here will try to convince you that sex is biological and gender is a social construct. This is not true. Gender and sex are both synonyms for each other. It is impossible for there to be a third gender or more because there are only two chromosome types a baby can have. If a child has a Y chromosome, their sex AND gender is male. If they do not have a Y chromosome, they are female. No matter what gender you believe you are, you are one or the other and it is determined at birth. Gender cannot be changed because you cannot remove the Y chromosome from every cell in the body. Non-binary and trans genders are not actual genders. This does not mean I do not view you as a normal human being, it just means you have a mental illness causing that idea. It IS a mental illness. 'Transgender' people have a suicide rate ranging from 30% to 52%, which is higher than any group of people in the world. This means that if you line up four transgender people, statistically speaking, one or two out of the four will commit suicide. Think about it.

• Nigga u retarded

If u can't live with the gender u where born with.(either male or female), u can not change it, and u surely cannot make up another gender, u are not a fucking poly-atheist- sans-sexual binary male/pentamale. U r either a male or a female if u say otherwise consult a therapist because some work will need to be done to fix ur fucked up head.

The end

• There are Two genders

Nigga there is male and female, What else. If you think there is another you are retarded. Now I'm just gonna say random shit so I can get the word count. I don't care what you snowflakes think or feel about this, Stop being soft. N I G G A

• There are Two genders

• My frend is retarded

Haily is blac but this is not rasisit because i spelt black rong but still there are only 1 gender but not really there are only 2 genders. Eny one that isnot a gender should not exist in this toxic contaminated word of retardashon. Guns are good if u teach kids to use them

• Ur dumb u idiot

There are only two genders because my cat has a penis and my other cat dosent so i had to shoot the female to cleanse my house from its stench of women and femininenazi power of disgust and cancer you should die in a big fire because of your actions.

• There are only 2 chromosomes

There are only 2 chromosomes, X and Y, So how can there be more than 2 genders? It's not biologically possible for there to be more than two genders. Any person who thinks that there are more than two genders is mentally unstable and has the mental illness called "Gender Dysphoria".

• The problem is when one tries to change their sex to match their gender. . .

Sex is sex- can't be changed. Gender can be fluid, Perhaps. But the real problem is the delusion that concludes one can change their sex to match their gender. The body has over 6500 unique markers for each gender. Hormone therapy or cosmetic alterations do very little to actually change sex, Albeit perhaps enough so to convince the individual that they're now "different". The issue is that when one buys into a delusion they can begin to do real harm to themselves in order to find "happiness". If a healthy person wants to identify as "disabled", So be it But when they start trying to amputate arms to better "match" a disabled person, Now we have problems. I cannot support such self harm even if the individual does not see it as such.

• There are only two genders

There are only two genders, Male and female. This is because gender is not a social conduct. As the SJW loony bin believes. Gender is genetic. It is based on if you have XX chromosomes or XY chromosomes. This is something you cannot change, Yet so many believe you can. Gender is NOT a social construct and Bill Nye is not a real scientist. End of story.

• X and Y chromosomes

There are only 2 different chromosomes. Since X chromosome is recessive, A Y chromosome is needed to make a boy. XY means there is a boy and XX means there is a girl. For a third gender, There would need to be another chromosome but there isn't, Unless you're talking about "transgender" people. They have an extra chromosome, If you know what I mean.

• There are multiple different gender types.

Gender is different from what sex is. Your sex is whether you are born a boy or a girl. Your gender is whether you class yourself as transgender or a boy but in a girl's boy etc.

They are not the same thing. The definition of gender is different to the definition of sex.

• Not by the Oxford definition.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gender

According to the Oxford definition, the meaning of the term "gender" "is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female." Therefore, the correct answer in this case is NO. Comments welcome.

I would like to also point out that there's a lack of evidence pertaining to the YES voted thus far.

• There is more than one gender.

I would like to point out that in ways, there are more than one sex (assigned at birth) and gender (chosen during life). For one thing, people can be born neither male or female, or even both. They could have the genitalia of both sexes. Sex is also based on the type of chromosome. For example: XX are the chromosomes of biological women, and XY are the chromosomes of biological men; there are still other combinations out there (although rare) that are neither of these, so they are technically neither male or female.

As for gender, it is a matter of opinion. Some disagree and state that you cannot be anything but female or male. I believe you can be other things, such as: gender non-conforming, gender fluid, agender, non-binary, etc., etc.. Gender is decided when a person deems themselves other than the usual female or male, or when a person decides to stick with their assigned sex.

Overall, gender and sex ARE different things, and there are more than one of both. There are several facts regarding this debate, and if a person believes otherwise, so be it. Gender is a matter of opinion, while for sex, it is a matter of facts. Whatever you believe, you should respect the opinion of others.

• There are only 2 genders

Im on this side to make people mad and it might be funny to se feminist get mad becayuse i am masoginistic littel wit boi but. I donyt know wat the hack people sa about 2 genders satin is bad tha thot of two genders is worse me are a male di

• There are more than two genders

Key-words:
    Trans(gender) - a gender that is different than the individuals assigned sex. (often an umbrella term)
    Non-Binary - A person whose gender id doesnt fit within the female/male binary (umbrella term)

First in order to know that there are more than 2 genders we must first break down the common misconception that Sex=Gender.

Definition of Gender, Oxford Dictionary:
    "Either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female."

Definition of Sex, Oxford Dictionary:
    "Either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things are divided on basis of their reproductive functions."

As it is clearly stated above in the definitions, sex and gender are two different things. Sex relies on the reproductive system in order to determine either female or male; however, the definition of gender leaves more wiggle room for what it exactly is. From the definition we can say that gender is, essentially, a range of identities based on social and cultural differences. With this given information we can look further into what makes a gender identity, and thus prove that there, are in fact, more than two genders.

We will now be analyzing the BIOLOGICAL stance on the subject of gender id. In "Sex beyond the genitalia: The human brain mosaic" the way the human brain functions (in terms of sex+gender) shows that almost no individual's brain, regardless of assigned sex, acted 100% like their assigned sex's brain would. This is important to understanding gender on a biological level because in the study it shows that no human functions 100% female or male, but rather, a mix between the two, some being more of a mix than others, this leads to the explaination of individuals that id as a non-binary gender due to the fact that their brains function more in the middle of the brain mosaic spectrum.

This ties into the PSYCHOLOGICAL portion of gender where trans people's brains were shown to function closer on the spectrum of what they identified as. While there are no studies, that I could find, that talk about the non-binary brain; there are many studies that talk about the transgender brain, and since transgender is an umbrella term, we will include them in the information found. In Scientific American's article, titled "Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain?" the concept of differences between the female and male brain are once again discussed. This time, instead of focusing on the genes of the brain, the article focused on the actual thought process, it states that the transgender brain functions closer to that of their gender id, rather than their assigned gender.

Because of the limiting typing room, Ive to cut it short, if youd like me to go further in depth on this then just ask.

• Here's the difference

When researching the topic of gender, I came across a lot of information. The idea of gender was created around the 1950's along with the term gender role, by a man named John Money. He was a sexologist and used the term to help the feminist movement. The term gender was used to specify people by who they were, their physical capabilities, and their sexual preferences. The term gender never started off being the same as sex, and it was never supposed to. Sex is used to refer to your biological sex chromosomes such as XX or XY (There are a few more due to being born differetly). Sex is a term used to identify someone in a more accurate representation.