There is a vault in the arctic that stores over 860k different varieties of food crop seeds as an insurance policy for the world’s food supply. Does this give you comfort?

• It's nice to have backup

We are in grave danger of doing even more harm to this planet, and having a store of seeds for crops is a good insurance policy. We may need to reestablish farmland at some point down the road if we keep destroying the planet. We can't let food go extinct like animals do.

• Yes I supposed it provides some comfort

It is funny to think that we have things such as seeds vaults. It does provide some comfort but I can't help but wonder how badly something goes wrong in order for it to be needed, should that be natural or caused by humans. So although it provides some comfort it is tainted.

• Yes, knowing that the seed vault protects crop plants gives me comfort

Because of the pace that our climate is changing, it gives me comfort to know that food crop seeds are being protected in the case of extinction. Changes are happening very quickly in our environment and it is extremely possible that climate change could wipe out some of our most important food staples.

• Artic vault not comforting

An Artic vault filled with many varieties of food crop seeds provides little comfort. The vault stores over 860,000 different varieties of food crop seeds as an insurance policy for the world's food supply. But, there have been many famines over a number of years, and this has not been used to plant new crops.