• No such thing.

They are just old myth that were written in an attempt to explain what was unknown. Just as man knew he was more advanced than other creatures by how much he knew, and could create, because there was so much more that man did not know and did not create, he assumed that there must be an even more advanced being that created everything else.

• This thing called science.

Religion has had its purpose in the past, but today we are a more educated people. It's simple we don't need a divine creature to explain previously unexplained events. The solar eclipse is now not an act of a God but a scientific event. Oh and lightning is no longer the wrath of Zeus.

• As an athiest

I was raised in a protestant church background and was even confirmed later on, however through further inquisitions into my faith I found certain things not to make sense and even for parts of the bible to contradict itself.

In psalms 145:9 it says about how the lord is good to all and merciful but in jeremiah 13:14 it says about how the lord has no mercy. Now I'd expect someone who's Christian to argue back that it means something else and sugarcoat the words but ultimately this is a contradiction. I'm not even going to further expand on this because it's so blatant.

Now the main reason most the people are saying God doesn't exist is because of creationism. Like the 7 days story? I honestly can not comprehend how any sane person can believe this. Its like the moon being made out of cheese, there is absolutely no evidence to support this and yet people choose to believe. But why?

Seriously like need I go on? The bible, science, and logic contradict the bible and yet people consciously choose to believe in it mainly because it is all they know and it is what they are raised to do. I wasn't even in a very liberal christian family, my mother strongly believes in a God, however I chose to do some free thinking because just the whole concept is so stupid, and usually the christians that argue about it are theoretically sinners anyway as are we all.

However what I do strongly believe in is the morality of your human intuition, hate to insult your intelligence but what that basically means is your own human knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. You don't need a two thousand or so year old book to tell you what is right and what is wrong.

• Depends on your view

In ancient times people had a god for everything.The sun was a god, the night was a god, the moon, the sea, lightning, love, hate, war, wealth.. Even crops.They simply used gods to describe things they couldn't understand.Now, we can understand them, we know how they happen and why they happen.We know how life was formed and we know that there's a great chance we're not alone in the universe.

Faith on the other hand is an entirely different topic.You can't prove a negative.You can't prove that GOD DOESN'T EXIST.But you also can't prove that he does.

It all depends on what you believe in.This question is dumb and so are the answers.You're fighting over ideology - IDEOLOGY.I don't believe in god - and if god does exist, then we're all going to hell anyway.Respect other people's opinions and beliefs.

Noah_m , earth isn't perfect and it's not the only planet that can harbor life.There are at least 200 billion solar systems IN THE MILKY WAY.Think, there are at least 100 billion galaxies in the OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE.What about the rest we can't observe yet?

I totally agree with "rruthbj" - everyone has faith in something.God will continue to "exist" as long as people have fatih.

But science is cold hard facts - you can't deny.We're not in the neolithic age anymore.

• Science is proven fact, whether or not you believe it.

People say that all of the things of which they don't understand are all of God, or of godlike principles. Just because you don't understand something does not make it any less true.
    So, to maybe help with answering a few questions, I'll post this.
    -Creation does not always account for a creator. Before you ask where the first gradual expulsion of matter, otherwise known as the awfully named "Big Bang" came from, ask yourself where your god or deity came from. If you say, "Well, he/she always existed", would you accept the idea of an eternal universe? If not, I'm sure you'd be able to sniff out your own hypocrisy.

-If it makes sense for a man to come from dust, how does it not make sense for a primate to eventually form into man through macro-evolution?

-Why did it take the God of the Bible six days to create the Earth, when not only is he all powerful, but also all knowing?

Go ahead and comment on my profile if you have any questions. This is my first semi-in-depth post, and I'm not sure if I like debating over religion or not. Pretty sure I don't.

• God does Exist

- For creation there has to be a creator.
    - How was the first person ever created?
    - How was the world created?
    - How was every cell in your body created by dust?
    - What is the point of living if you aren't living for God?
    - Do you ever believe there is something more to life?

• I'm no Christian but the opposition have terrible arguments

'There is no god' is a complete incorrect statement, you do not need to be religious to know that that statement is false. The yes side has got no idea if God is real or not, nobody knows and that's what annoys me when people think because they are atheist it means God is not there.

• God's Not Dead

I believe there is both a movie and a song of that title...And for good reason. All of creation is shouting at us THERE IS A GOD. You can't look at outer space, biology, and the laws of physics without coming to the conclusion that all of it is random chance. It is a proven principal: something can't come from nothing, and like kind begets like kind. Sorry, Big Bang and molecules to man evolution. God is real and He created all things.

• God is real

How is the earth so perfect for life when it was just a random chance. People like to pretend that somehow a combination of elements and molecules exploded and created the universe. Then there is the topic of life. Somehow a lighting bolt striking dust made the first single cell organism that everything evolved from. Science has some very loose string evidence that all of this is real. The people that believe this are the same people that tell religious people that they are crazy. They believe in things that are just as crazy. Then people say well if a perfect God is real then why is he letting evil happen. He allowed sin so people would have a choice of living for evil or for good. So anyone that is complaining that religion is stupid because there is evil around them wake up and realize that you are denying your only way out of evil as you sit there and complain about it. You bash Christianity and then say well it hasn't united the world in peace. WELL if you would accept it things would be a bit different, wouldn't they now. Christianity is a free will choice you can choose it if you want to but don't

• "There is no god" is self-refuting.

On atheism, everything is reduced to relative, subjective categories. When the atheist says "there is no god," he is speaking objectively though. But a godless system has no place for objective absolute claims. Please allow me to explain.

1) Atheism reduces humanity to a bag of stardust. According to atheism, what goes on in the minds of people is not objective thinking, but rather it is merely chemical reactions. Our brains fizz. So when the atheist says "there is no god," that is just a chemical reaction, a fizzing of the mind. There is no truth to it.
    2) When atheists make the claim that there is no god, they are engaging in a rational-irrational dialectic. They claim to have rational understanding that there is not a god, but on their own view all "rational understanding" is just a product of chemical reactions in the brain. Atheists apply abstract laws (logic, morality, etc.) to irrational facts. That is the dialectic. How do rational concepts apply to irrational facts? They don't. To state the objective proposition that "there is no god" while claiming that man is just a bag of meat with nothing more than fizzing in his head is absurd.
    3) the atheist can do two things. He can either a) shrink back in to relativity or b) he can press the objective claim he has made. But if the atheist cannot justify rational thought on his own framework, then we must ask "what can justify rational thought/objective truth?" The answer is simple. In order for any truth claim to be objective, and for the thoughts that occur in our heads be more than chemical reactions and have bearing on the real world, there must be a teleological dimension behind what we think and what we observe. (I am sure you know the teleological argument so I will not explain it). Consider this syllogism:

P1. If objective truth exists, then God exists.
    P2. Objective truth does exist
    C. Therefore God exists.

So I will sum up what I said very shortly. For the atheist to even make the claim, "there is no god," he must assume that there is objective truth. But atheism cannot account for objective truth. Therefore, even in making his claim, he is presupposing that objective truth is possible. But objective truth is possible only in a theistic universe. Therefore, is denying the existence of a god, atheism presupposes a theist worldview.

• As an athiest

• At one time I would have said there was no God, Now I believe there is

But who is to say who God is or what God is made up of. Does God reach out to infinity and then curve back into you? Is God a person? Is God in every person? God is a belief system. Even if you don't believe in God you do believe in something. Is that something your God? There is a reason we exist. That reason is not to entertain the Gods. Your reason may be personal. It may be something that no one will know. But with that reason...There is belief...And with the belief... There is God.

PinValentine says2014-10-09T22:45:05.783
All the idiots on here