There is no such thing as a true believer in a Christian God. They all fail his own test.

Asked by: Contejour
  • When asked if

They truly believe in the bible they all say yes yet squirm out of this simple test of faith according to Mark 16:17-18, true believers can drink poison and handle snakes with no ill effects: And these signs will accompany those who believe: now at this stage I have heard every interpretation of what this REALLY means you see they don't even know what there own book of fairytales means .

• Ba hawhaw hawhawwwww

Yes. There is no such thing as a true believer. In the same way, there is no such thing as a true atheist. A true atheist, would supposedly continue in their disbelief, even if god were to appear before them, as real as you or me and this earth that we live in. Such concrete proof would theoretically mean nothing to said atheist as they "believe" in the non-existence of religions. In other words, their world, their reality, does not even consider the possibility of a god existing. HOWEVER! In the same way, a true believer does not exist. If a believer in "god" were to suddenly have, say, Ghandi appear before them as real you and me they would have 2 choices. Renounce their original belief in "god" and begin believing in Ghandi or continue believing in "god" and deny the reality in which Ghandi exists, theoretically making them live in their own reality, exempt of our own. So basically they'd be insane. In the end, I suppose it comes down to ones strength of mind and ability to live in a world where nothing is certain. I will accept the possibility that I am wrong, as by the logic of my argument, nothing is conclusively right.

• This is just imbecilic.

It's a little arrogant to say that there is no one who is a true biblical literalist. Is there a lot of people who say "oh that's a metaphor", or "that's not the word of god, that's just the culture then" when presented with something in the bible that they don't like? Yes, there are.

• Faulty View of Christianity

The asker has a faulty view of Christianity. Jesus, the person who Christianity was founded on, believed that people could be Christians, and in Matthew 28 gave other Christians the mission of making other Christians. The only test of a Christian is if they follow the teachings of Jesus, which is what makes them a Christian.