There is rioting and fires after a fatal shooting in Milwaukee. Are we heading for another race war?

• Yes, we are heading for another race war

The recent violent events including clashes with police indicate that there is a race war surfacing in the United States. Due to many factors, such as lack of education and an unfair justice system across the black community, we see the racial conflicts each day. The conflicts continue to erupt when the police are not providing fair protection for all citizens.

• Has already begun.

The first shots have been fired and the battles are just getting more and more destructive. Good thing is, so far, people have been reluctant to take sides and pick up arms. Hopefully, rationality will prevail and a full scale war never happens, but only time will tell. If was up to me, I say we should create a place for both sides like the KKK and Black Panthers to battle it out and leave it at that. Not that they would win anything but at least they would get their anger out on those that deserve it instead of innocent civilians.

Personally, I think the riots in Milwaukee are ridiculous. After all, the man pointed a loaded gun at a uniformed police officer. What, do they expect the officer to wait till he is shot at before firing his weapon?
    I have a friend, who is a former police officer who was involved in a shooting were his partner was killed and he came withing seconds of loosing his life as well because someone they pulled over tried to kill them both. The trauma from the shooting ended his career in law enforcement. Before you judge a police officer, take a look at what they deal with on a daily basis.

• My history teacher

It is because my history teacher who is a very smart person with flowing golden locks of knowledge and he spills his knowledge into us. He has glasses which makes him look smart and he is really hectic. My history teacher has said yes that it could start another race war.

• My history teacher

• We are headed for another race war if we don't get the right leadership

We are headed for another race war if we don't get the right leadership. We need a president who will bring jobs back to America to help bring the poverty level down. If we have jobs that go to the lower skilled people in our country then perhaps there will be less desire for rioting.

• No, we are not headed for another race war

No, we are not headed for another race war. I was not aware that there was a race war in the past but we are not headed for another one. We may, however, be moving toward more oversight for police officers. Police need to be monitored better to ensure race neutral officers and policies.

• Many rioters just looking for an excuse

There are more people striving for change in the conduct of police officers through peaceful means than there are people who respond to police corruption with violence. The extensive damage is done by a small number of people who do not represent the feelings of the majority of people. Race relations is improving in the United States.