There was a popular social movement in the early 1930s called the "Technocracy Movement." Technocrats proposed replacing politicians and businessmen with scientists and engineers to manage the economy. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes, to a certain extent.

I think that career politicians are not always the best people to handle political offices. I think it might be better to have a mixture of politicians and people who are experts in their fields, like engineers, economists and scientists. The politicians have certain necessary skills, while the engineers, economists and scientists have the necessary knowledge.

• Yes, society being run by politicians without knowledge of science is problamatic.

Yes, it is a huge issue that the world is run by politicians and businessmen with not only have their own interests in mind, but also have a limited knowledge of science and problem solving that is necessary to advance the world. We are in an age where space exploration is now the most important aspect of our very existence as a species, but the world has yet to realize this fact, mainly due to the prevailing leadership who is concerned only with issues of the past.

• No, this is not a wholely good idea.

While I do agree that there can be some merit to adding scientists and engineers to the management of the economy, I do not agree that they should replace politicians and businessmen. I think the most important thing to keep in mind, is that there is no one group of people who can make all decisions. Particularly when it comes to running a country, many opinions and voices must be considered. Taking politicians and businessmen completely out of the equation takes opinions or knowledge out of the equation that might otherwise be useful.

• Not so much the businessmen

I have a lot of respect for scientists, and certainly think they should play a top role in the government. However, I think putting businessmen in charge would be a disaster. Most successful business people have gotten where they are by stepping on toes and taking advantage of others. Putting some of these people in control would only lead to problems for the people on the lower end of the income scale.