Those who are happy wont understand but is it wrong to have kids and continue "gods" cruel and evil chain of suffering?

Asked by: steffon66
  • I dont expect 10 percent of people to agree.

But the majority have always been wrong in the majorities opinion today so i wouldnt expect them to be right now. Having kids insures that some will suffer greatly. It is not important to have happy people on earth but what is important is to not have suffering in the world because nobody deserves it. Ive spent my whole childhood and adulthood wishing i never was born but living for my family feeling obligated to stay alive for them. I dont want that for any of my descendants so i dont have any. Abortion is the most righteous thing you can do in my opinion and unlike the morality of most people my morality is based on premises. If there were a thousand happy people and 1 miserable person i think it would be a good thing if they all died so that the miserable persons suffering would end. Happiness is not important. Preventing pain suffering and misery is. Is it important that humans survive now when they are going to die out some day anyways? There is no logic or reason or premises for that belief. Its blind faith. So long as we have blind faith based religions people will never be truly righteous.

• Preventing birth and denouncing religion is not the answer.

I have survived cancer and had been bullied much of my younger life, but I am still glad I am alive today. The joy that I have experienced from the people I have met and the hardships I have overcome has made it all worth it. There is a great deal of suffering in the world, but many people find a way to be happy.

If there was a way I could have not been born, but later see the life I could have had, then I would suffer more grief than I ever had in life. I would feel robbed of a chance to succeed, a chance to fail, a chance to learn from mistakes, and become an individual. You say if you are a happy person then you won't understand, but I wasn't happy, and I'm not happy all the time.

However, because I have experienced great suffering, I am more grateful for all the things that bring me joy and am able to be more selfless in my goal to help others be happy as well. By robbing people of life, you create misery for those who may have had happy lives and for parents who had dreams for their children.

That is not to say that people shouldn't have the choice to abort. If parents can't afford to care for their children or are unfit, then maybe it is better for the child to be spared this grief, but even then some of the most miserable individuals grow up to be very successful. Those that witness pain and suffering often contribute the biggest tools for future generations. They help us to avoid the same hardships they went through.

You said, "Is it important that humans survive now when they are going to die out some day anyways?"

You question the very meaning of life right there. What is the point if we are all going to die? Well, we certainly can't find that out if we are all dead. We certainly won't progress, if we don't make mistakes. Mistakes are often the biggest source of suffering. So to end all suffering people either need to be perfect beings or we all need to die?

No, we need to learn how to detach ourselves from suffering and mistakes. We empower ourselves from our mistakes and learn to move on. Happiness is a state of mind, just as suffering is. You can choose to be happy, it is just a matter of letting go. Buddhist philosophy is a good example of this mindset.

I don't think religion is even the source of suffering you think it is. If people actually followed the ten commandments or the five pillars, then there may well be less suffering.

The problems is that man has twisted the words of religion for their own personal gain. They misinterpreted it to fuel war and hate that goes against the very foundations of these so called "blind faith based religions."

• The world doesn't need to end--you just need professional help.

Your own experience of suffering is subjective, and, from the sound of it, may arise from a condition for which you should seek help. There is no reason to assume that preventing suffering is more important than happiness; in fact, many people are willing to endure some suffering to obtain more happiness. Your morality is not based on premises, your morality is simply your own declaration about your own personal feelings. Additionally, a morality that would destroy much good in order to prevent a little evil does not seem very appealing or logical to me. As far as the future is concerned--you have no idea what is possible in the future. The only thing we have is our own lives, and those have value to us despite what may or may not be. I will agree that religion is not necessarily helpful in this regard. I am perfectly happy with no belief in a god or afterlife--this life can be a good one and I can learn to make it better, until I can't. And that's okay.

SpannerWrench says2015-02-08T05:11:52.603

However, because I know what suffering is, I am more grateful for all the things that bring me joy and am able to be more selfless in my goal to help others be happy as well. By robbing people of life, you create misery for those who may have had happy lives and for parents who had dreams for their children.

Esiar says2015-02-09T00:31:42.403
I wouldn't say Suffering is necessarily cruel and evil. Unjust suffering is never God's fault.
Dilara says2015-02-09T01:50:41.037
Do you want the human race to die out? Everyone experiences pain but there is still so much good in the world.
steffon66 says2015-02-09T23:30:50.327
Esiar

unjust suffering is never gods fault? Im not just talking about evil. Im talking about mental illness and other sources of misery and evil. People do not know right from wrong. They are constantly changing their morality and no one agrees completely on right and wrong today. If we are right none of our ancestors were right. They did evil thinking it was righteousness which makes it gods fault. Because god could have taught them right from wrong. There are several things he has to do before it can be considered our faults and thats one of them. If he doesnt teach us right from wrong and good people commit atrocities then that is clearly gods fault. Not to mention when mentally ill people commit crimes thats gods fault because it was an inevitable consequence of his creation and he could have created it differently but didnt. Happy people dont understand. I dont expect them to. But wrong is wrong even when the majority share in it and right is right even if no one is doing it.