'Three black teenagers' Google search sparks outrage: Does Google Images need to be completely restructured?

• No, Google Images should not be restructured, society should

Google's search algorithm is designed to find legitimate images posted around the web with the key words that are input. What this reflects is our media's racism. Instead of only featuring news stories and articles that highlight black teenagers that have broken the law, or done something else negative, news outlets and individuals should concentrate on finding positive examples.

• It is not Google's fault

Google Images does not post images on the internet, it only searches them. To resolve the 'three black teens' controversy, the people who post these images of black teens in mugshots or with stereotypical clothing should stop. They post the images and Google merely looks for them. They are the issue here.

• Google Images is fine how it is

It is not Google's fault that these search images produce the results that they do. I think society is being overly sensitive about the search results from the engine. If it were the other way around and whites were shown as slaves, I don't think they would make a big deal over it. Google Images is fine how it is.

• No, this Google search does not need to be restructured because of this search.

Google is based on algorithms and the sites that are visited the most or the images that are looked at the most end up at the top of the list. I do not think there has been enough evidence that Google has set this up to make each race look a certain way. Even though I believe Google could manipulate which types of pictures come up I think this needs to be researched further. It should not be a black or white specific issue, but the only two races they looked up were black and white. Why didn't they look up Hispanic or Asian teenagers as well to see what types of pictures come up. If there are stereotypical pictures from each race then there would be a big problem that might require a restructuring in the images.