• It works against terrorists.

Yes, the United States should use torture against people who war against us, because it's effective. The people who want to destroy American aren't going to capture an American and then not torture him or her because the United States doesn't engage in torture. There are videos on the internet of Americans being burned to death.

• Yes, torture in warfare is okay.

When you capture an enemy, you must interrogate him to get the information you want, this info could be what might save the country from an eminent threat. Sometimes the normal way might not yield fruits so torture should be used. Such people might have as well died in the battle field, so torture is not a big deal.

• The United States should absolutely use torture and warfare

Absolutely, the United States should use torture during warfare. What's the old saying? Also fair in and war? We are going together much needed intelligence by treating our enemies like millennial snowflakes. Time for people to realize their torture is an effective method for gathering intelligence. It works and should be used early and often.

• You can't claim the moral high-ground if you sink to their level.

Most of the developed world has banned torture for good reason.

It doesn't work, it isn't necessary, and we sink to the level of the terrorists and oppressive societies we claim to fight.

We spend far more on our military than any nation on the planet. We have the most advanced cyber-warfare and information-gathering systems in the world. What could we possibly gain by destroying any humanitarian credibility we have, just to torture someone until they tell us what we want to hear? What do we gain by such savagery, compared to what we lose?

I could understand a smaller, less developed nation adopting the practice in a matter of desperation. But the United States is far from desperate. We are military behemoths.

• No, I don`t think so.

US President Barack Obama has acknowledged that the US used torture as part of the CIA’s post 9/11 interrogation program, and has said that waterboarding constitutes torture.[4] However, many current and former US officials still argue that the “enhanced interrogation techniques” were not torture.[5] The recent release of the summary of the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report on the CIA’s detention and interrogation program has heightened debate around this issue. The claims of those who argue these techniques did not constitute torture are contradicted by past US statements criticizing other countries for using those same techniques. Below are some examples of such statements, drawn from the US Department of State’s annual Human Rights Reports.

• Nah sounds bad.

So as much as I would like to say lets treat them how they treat us I just find the argument to childish. We are the United States of American. I think that we as a nation should strive for better expectations. Though I am not saying that we need to hide behind the wall and whine for help,but at the same time I don't think that lowering ourselves to the point that we are just as dirty as our enemy's is a good thing either. If we want more respect as a nation we need to earn it. If the only thing we can come up with is "let's just torture enemy's since they do it" then we don't deserve anymore respect then the enemy. I am going to add that I don't even have an answer on mind right now of what we could do but I strongly thing that torture is just a childish and wrong conclusion to this problem.