Toyota's 850-horsepower Camry is insane: Do you think Toyota should mass market its 850-horsepower Camry?

• Yes, I think Toyota should mass market its 850-horsepower Camry.

Sure, I think Toyota should mass market its 850-horsepower Camry. Why not? I don't see a problem with it, and if the vehicle is as insane as you say then why shouldn't they mass market it. The more insane vehicles that are being made, the more insane vehicles people are buying, so yes, I think they should mass market it.

• Yes, I think Toyota should mass market its 850-horsepower Camry

Yes, I think Toyota should mass market its 850-horsepower Camry. Toyota is putting in the effort to create a new powerful model, and they should be doing everything they can to market it to as many people as possible. If Toyota can break into the muscle car division, it will strengthen their brand considerably.

• 850 horsepower is well over supercar status

Here's something that people fail to realize about a powerful production car. Every design has to meet its function from the chassis to the body panels. If Toyota really wants to go ahead with the 850 horsepower beast let them it would only be a waste of time. I can understand if they had a platform like the supra still in production, but Camry's are something meant for gas economy.

• Toyota should not mass market its 850 horsepower Camry

A car with this much horsepower is clearly not for street use. A an ordinary Toyota Camry is only 268 horsepower, so a vehicle with 3 times the power would not be safe out on public roads for use by the general population. This car should be for race enthusiasts only.

• Toyota Should Not Market its New Camry

No, Toyota should not market its new 850 horsepower Camry for many reasons. One is that this amount of horsepower is neither practical nor necessary for your average, everyday commuter. Additionally, this much horsepower might prove to be too much of a temptation for consumers and result in additional wrecks. Finally, the cost of the car due to its insides might prove to be too expensive to be really marketable to a general public.