Trump supporters held up Clinton "target practice" posters at a rally in Florida, with a bulls-eye framing her face. Are Trump's supporters deranged?

• Some of them are.

Some of Trump's supporters are clearly on the edge of civilised society as the frequent threats of violence against Hillary Clinton have shown. Trump's supporters have also claimed that they plan to intimidate black and Latinx voters on election day. Sadly, this is to be expected given Trump's language in public which is designed to incite violent feeling.

• Yes, promoting violence like this is unacceptable.

Yes, Trump's supporters are out of touch. The man has said outrageously racist and sexist things. The promotion of violence of another candidate, not to mention an ex first lady of the United States, should be considered treason. I am all for free speech but promoting violence and sexual assault openly for a presidential candidate is where I draw the line.

• Yes, but both sides are

In any group, you get extremists, people who are outspoken and people who you could describe as 'deranged.' Trump has these supporters, but so does Clinton and so has every President. Trump has never condoned this behaviour and, like many things, these people just need to be noted, ignored and not engaged further.

• . . .

. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . It is so obvious! It is a no brainer

• Clearly they are.

It doesn't matter in the slightest what the man says or does, it doesn't alter their position one iota. I find Clinton's famous description of them hard to disagree with. What sort of person is so obsessed with their ideology that they will endorse the actions of a lunatic? Fair enough, if you are incapable of voting any other way, then do so - but that still doesn't mean you need defend his actions, as so many otherwise normal-appearing people do..

• Talking about deranged? Seriously, Clinton supporters?!

There is very little that is more deranged than supporting the killing of innocent unborn children simply because they may cause the mother a little inconvenience. That is Hilary for you. Those who support Trump are anti-Clinton, thus anti-deranged. God, please make America Great (i won't say again, because i don't think we ever were).

• Hillaryous that anyone would jump to such a conclusion based on what a tiny fraction of Trump supporters did.

Look, I don't condone in anyway the sign that those people put up. However, this question is grossly generalized and loaded. There are probably a few crazy people on both sides, but you should not act Holier than Thou and conclude that Trump supporters are deranged and crazy. I'm a Trump supporter myself, and many of my friends are. I can tell you undoubtedly that we are good, sensible people.

• I disagree with the question only because it's a stereotype based on the actions of a few.

Many Trump supporters are clearly deranged. We've seen this all throughout the campaign. But many supporters are just good, albeit misinformed Americans. (Think back to Hillary's statement about half of Trump supporters fitting into a "basket of deplorables"). The target practice posters with the bulls eye is definitely tacky and deranged, but you can't put a stereotype on all Trump supporters for something a few of them did, just as one can't make the generalization that Hillary supporters are upstanding citizens.

Politics2016 says2016-10-27T12:43:27.230
Wow, can't believe so many people think we are. Thanks guys.