Trump to change One China policy: Does the United States need to change its relationship with China?

• The United States needs to change its relationship with China

The United States needs to change its relationship with China. As it stands now, the balance between the two countries is weighted heavily in favor of China. The United States is being left behind and subject to poorly negotiated trade terms with China. Finally, a leader with the guts to negotiate some new and better deals for the U.S.

• It needs to be more open.

The United States needs to bring China into the free economy in every way that it can. While defending against child labor and human rights abuses, the United States needs to take advantage of the man power and the incredible things that China is capable of. This means not imposing any restrictions.

• It is too soon

The One China policy has so far resulted in better relations with that country, and since they hold so much US debt we should tread softly before making any drastic changes. We can look at potential changes down the road after careful consideration of both economics and diplomacy, but we shouldn't just jump into it.

• I do not think that the United States needs to change its relationship with China.

I do not think that the United States needs to change its relationship with China. I do think that China does do some questionable things and a shake up would not hurt. However, in terms of One China, I do not think a change in this part of our relationship will make a big overall change.