Turkey lifted ban on twitter: Should countries be allowed to block communication websites?

• Countiries and blocking communication websites.

There are people who are getting tired of communication websites, because they are causing to much trauma to many families with teen bullying and suicide, they feel that they are not protected, so if there is a way to protect many people and turn it to good than do so, or find a way to make it extra friendly, such as make a site that you can not use certain words.

• No they shouldn't

We should all have the freedom to have free speech and be able to expose ourselves to things that we want. Nation's that try to block social media websites really find themselves with a large backlash as well as an angry populace who will fight them to get them back.

• No, they should not.

I cannot believe the Turkish government restricted the free speech of their citizens like that. I mean this is a country that is part of the European union. To think that this would happen in modern day Europe drives me out of my mind. Hopefully they will stop the nonsense.

• Countries have no right to block communication websites

Turkey were right to lift their ban on Twitter, because no country has the right to tell people who they can and can't talk to, and restrict them on the ways they are able to do this. Sometimes, social media can be the only way that families living in different countries can communicate with each other, if phone calls or visiting is too expensive, so to block communication websites blocks people's ability to stay connected with their loved ones and the world around them.