TV viewing is harmful to children: Do TV ads have a negative influence on children?

• Yes, they make children want things.

Yes, TV ads have a negative influence on children, because they make children want to buy things. Children see things and decide that they cannot live without them, even if they did not now the thing existed until 15 minutes prior. TV ads also skew childrens' opinions about what reality is. The ads have a negative influence.

• Yes, TV advertisements have a negative influence on children

I agree that TV ads have a negative impact on children. TV ads insinuate their way into the minds of children making them want things they did not even know they needed and enhancing insecurities they never knew they had. TV ads prime children for a life of consumerism. It would be best for children if they watched no TV or very little TV at all.

• They can sometimes

TV ads can have a negative influence on children by showing them what is 'cool' or what they need to buy in order to be accepted by their peers. My kids always ask me for things they seen on commercials because they feel like they 'need' it. Some of it is bad.

• TV ads have a negative influence on children.

Television advertisements can lead children to adopt bad habits and engage in dangerous activities. Many advertisements for films show dangerous sexual and violent activities. Also, advertisements for fast food encourage kids to eat too much and become fat. Advertisements are commercial and are designed to make money. Kids should not be subjected to these messages.

• I believe that TV viewing is harmful to children and ads have a negative influence on them.

I believe that TV viewing is harmful to children and ads
    have a negative influence on them. I
    believe that it is parent’s responsibility to raise their children correctly so
    that they can effectively navigate the world.
    Parents cannot allow their children to be raised by the TV. Children raised by the TV are extremely
    materialistic and out of touch with reality.

• The image of young people

I believe that the majority of television adds have a negative effect on the minds of children. First off, a child is a person under the age of 18 years of age. Many television adds show an image of what the young population of the world should look, act and agree or disagree with. For example, the adds for make up and clothing make out to young children that they have to look like this or else they are ugly. This is wrong and cruel to do to people who are developing their own opinions of the world.

• No time like the present

Kids are going to find out about stuff eventually so they can just watch the adds. Plus some adds have handy information in them such as bush fire warning and flood warning updates and they tell you what is going on around the world. And most of the adds advertise things that we use in our everyday life anyway

• TV ads do not have a negative influence on children.

TV ads do not have a negative influence on children. However, it depends on what the children are watching and how long they are watching it. It should be up to the parents of the children to be able to decide the specifics of watching television. I do not think a little television every now and then is bad.