Two Americans Stricken With Deadly Ebola Virus in Liberia: Should we close our borders?

• It maybe a rights violation but it is necessary!

Restricting people’s movements may reduce the speed of transmission and the number of people infected.
    ‘The World Health Organization says the deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa could infect more than 20,000 people before it is brought under control.’ (BBC Africa, 2014)

Closing off the borders will prevent ebola from spreading to other countries Ebola spreads through bodily fluids. If the bodily fluids stay in Africa It saves the rest of the world!

The drug developed to help Ebola is nearly run out and people could lie about being vaccinated and even if they are we are not sure if it works. If we let them leave then they could easily spread Ebola without realising.

The travel ban is very controversial. Some believe all that is needed are more doctors to find the patients but if they are set free then the number of patients will be too over whelming to control.

• Yes, we should close our borders

Because or else the whole world will be contaminated! Why should we risk so many people's lives just for a few countries? I mean, I know it doesn't sound very kind and I feel sad for all those deaths, but that is also why I don't want more! I hope you get my point.

• Should we close our borders

We should close the borders because if we don't it will keep on spreading. Then at some point every single person in the whole world will contract this virus. If we do not close the borders we will also overwork all of the doctor and nurses. But the worst is more and more people get it and it will spread more easily.

• Should we close are borders

If we don't stop people coming into north America from ebola infected countrys most of us will die. Do the math 7 out of 10 die. When it gets out of control here people will panic, no one will go to work banks will call in loans.. Why dont we all play russian roulete our odds are much better... Lets all play many more of us will survive

• Should We Close Our Borders

Either we close the borders or we quarantine visitors for 21 days. How do we contain the spread otherwise? It may not be airborne, but if a carrier sneezes on someone, it will spread. Many said it would not spread to the U.S.A., but it has. What else are they wrong about?

• Ebola Virus is not a Threat to the Population at Large

Initially the Ebola Virus is contracted through contact with an infected animal. Transmission from one human to another generally occurs through contact with bodily fluids or high risk behaviors such as sharing a contaminated needle. Closing the country’s borders would cause extensive damage to the economy of our country and others alike, and do little or nothing to prevent the spread of the disease.

• No, we can not close our borders.

No, we can not close our borders.The reason for my opinion as bellow:first,only two Americans stricken with Deadly Ebola Virusin;second,the infection people only from Liberia;third,if we close our borders,it will affect a lot of people from all over the world,it will take negative affect for our country.By the way,although we can not close our borders,but we should use more detect methods to avoid the Virus .

• No, I don't believe the Ebola virus spreads quickly enough to cause a panic.

Because of the way that the Ebola virus is transmitted, through direct contact with bodily fluids, and because of the fairly short incubation period, I believe that it is unlikely the Ebola virus could cause a serious enough pandemic to justify closing our borders. I feel confident that he quarantine measures that are being followed in Liberia should be enough to contain it to that region.

• No, borders should not close

Why would we close our borders due to 2 American cases of Ebola in Liberia? Closing borders is not going to keep disease out nor control it. Prevention of the Ebola Virus actually involves decreasing the spread of the disease from infected monkeys and pigs to humans by taking into careful consideration meat & meal preparations.