Two-party system: Does two-party system capture main ideological difference?

• Breeds extreme views

Having two sides to any problem be accepted ultimately means that neither of them will be right - there are not simply two ideologies, and when people are beholden to a party they're forced to give up many of their true ideals for the ideals of the party, and the loudest voice espousing party ideals is respected.

• I do not believe the two-party system captures main ideological differences.

I do not believe the two-party system captures main ideological differences because there are just too many different beliefs and opinions to narrow them down to only two parties. I believe the party system as a whole is flawed and that if people were voting on candidates based simply off of their beliefs on specific issues, and not which party they were aligned with, it would force people into actually exploring who each candidate is as a person.