U.S. Stock Futures are lower while the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are at all time highs: Should you update your portfolio?

• Yes, you should update your portfolio.

Since the U.S. Future Stocks, Dow Jones and S&P 500 are changing so drastically I think it is a good idea for a person to take a look at their portfolio and make updates as necessary. A person could end up losing a lot of money if they do not actively pay attention to the market.

• I do believe you should update your portfolio!

While the economy isn't healthy at these times, Dow Jones and S&P 500 are streaking at their highest right now and so maybe it would be a good idea to take advantage of that for some quick cash! I don't think it will last long though, just like everything else!

• No, I don't think you should update your portfolio.

No, I don't think you should update your portfolio because somebody and something to do with the stock market did something or somebody that raised stocks. I also don't care. I don't care about the somebody or something that did somebody or something to raise stocks. I don't think you should update anything except stupid questions about the stock market.

• Beware short-term thinking

Beware thinking short term. Stock markets are complicated beasts and buying into something when it is high may sound the obvious choice but rarely pays off. While counter to obvious thinking buying when a market is low may well provide better value depending on the products considered. Boom and bust comes in cycles, don't forget it.