Under a new law, the U.K. could force ISPs to block Reddit. Does the new law give the government too much power?

• Yes, I think so.

I disagree with this and wish that the government powers should be limited in some way. A government couldn't stop people from associating on the street if they wanted to. For that reason, they shouldn't stop people from associating in chat rooms, either. Because of the internet, people have been able to associate like never before.

• Yes, it does.

This is very true. I agree that the new law gives the government too much power. I believe this is actually very wrong. Under the new law, the U.K. could force ISPs to block Reddit. I disagree with this and wish that the government powers should be limited in some way.

• People deserve freedom of speech and knowledge.

In any country, banning a website is considered a deprivation of information. This also suggests that the U.K feels that reddit violates the government or the country in some way or is providing too much information to its citizens. These U.K citizens deserve to gain this knowledge from reddit if they would like to.

• They shouldn't be choosing.

A government couldn't stop people from associating on the street if they wanted to. For that reason, they shouldn't stop people from associating in chat rooms, either. Because of the internet, people have been able to associate like never before. This is often a good thing. A government shouldn't shut Reddit down just because they are afraid of the people having power.