• Yes they are

There is so much emphasis on being politically correct these days that people are petrified to mention religion especially to children.

In the past people were atheists because they researched what religion was about and chose not to believe it.

But these days it is more the case that they just know nothing about it.

• Public Atheism only exists because of religions Proselytizing:

The ugly atheists disappear as soon as religion stops proselytizing and indoctrinating others. It is simply an adverse reaction to public religion.
    Studies of secularism and secular societies have confirmed this.
    In a truly secular society, Atheism is invisible.
    Because they have nothing to react against.
    Turn the US into a truly Secular nation and Freedom From Religion and all the other Atheist reactionary groups will nave no mandate, and thus vanish.
    That's the truth of it.
    Though I do agree that Atheism has become a Fad, some of the Atheist T-Shirts are amusing and becoming commonplace.

• Atheism is valid. Those who adhere are false.

Atheism is composed of many valid arguments. It seems now a days there has been an increase in the amount of those who adhere to Atheism. They though do not understand the valid arguments Atheism is posing and become very stubborn in their own ignorance. Atheism is valid, but there is a growing worry of aggressive ignorant Atheists.

• It's nothing wrong with Atheism but with the Atheists

There is nothing wrong with any believe itself but recently the amount of Atheists behaving stubborn, aggressive and rhetorically weak is as well an embarrassment as persistent, stubborn and aggressive Christians are. I see a massive attitude problem displayed by many Atheists especially on this website and it's not pleasant to look at. There are Agnostics and Atheists out there how respect other religions as they respect us and can talk about their point of view politely and intelligently. I fear for our reputation as well.

• Those who don't study other perspectives believe blindly. Those who don't study their beliefs are fools.

Uneducated Atheists vs. Uneducated Theists:
    As in all groups, there always be an amount of uneducated people. On this specific subject, it depends on what aspect of the education. Atheists who were born from the hatred of a religion usually act irrational. But, Atheists who come from wisely informing themselves and logical reason are usually the intellectual part of the group and deserve to be respected. But, in order to become an Atheist (such as me) one must educate themselves in both opinions and then decide. Although, it is true that religion must be acknowledged in a more theoretical and philosophical aspect, rather than reading a bible or a Koran.

• On the rise

Uneducated atheists are on the rise. As are uneducated Christians, Muslims, Catholics, men, and women. F you can name a social demographic, you are bound to notice that there is and will continue to be a sharp rise on the amount of followers, which coincides with a decrease in the amount of knowledge that said group displays.

• Just like every other group.

Uneducated every group is on the rise. It is a real shame really, as a lot of people now believe things for no logical reason. There is way to much trust in authority and not searching for the truth. But this is to be expected after all religion still flounders about in this day and age.

• It's easy to call an Atheist uneducated when the education you demand is biblical.

One does not have to read the entire Bible cover to cover to decide the idea of an all powerful being who is actually concerned about the daily goings on of you and I is ridiculous to them. I don't need to read the Koran to decide I don't believe in Allah. Certainly no Christian I know feels the need to do so.
    The Religious right is constantly poking Atheists with a stick saying we have to have a reason to be Atheists (because the idea we don't believe as you do is apparently repugnant). I submit you don't need one single reason to NOT believe anything, you do need lots of reasons TO believe in something. Just as the burden of proof is on the person making the positive statement (you should be Christian and here's why), the burden of reason is on the same person.
    Further, if Atheists of this generation are uneducated about religion, it's because the representatives of that religion are making them so by exhibiting poor behavior that does not attract anyone to their cause. When you have a bunch of yahoos carrying signs and shouting about how the end is near and we better drink this wine which is actually blood, or we won't get our 72 virgins, everyone is gonna think "Wow, I sure don't want to be caught up in that idiocy".
    If you think Atheists are Atheists because they don't know what Christianity is, you've missed the point entirely. We get the general idea, and we don't have to delve any further to come to the conclusion that it sounds ridiculous and there's no way we could ever believe it's true.

So pretty much the same thing you say when you look at Atheism (which is pretty straightforward and requires no 'education') and say "God, I could never live with the idea that we are all alone on this earth and death really is the end".

• Depends on why they became atheist.

Many teens may decide to become atheist as a form of rebellion. They tend to follow these religious "bad boy" example. They also would be more likely to join a group of atheist much like religious people join a religion. In this case, education is not a factor because rebellion is emotional not intellectual.
    Personally, I was once a devout christian. This is because I was raised that way. It was only later in life, around my 30's that I approached the subject logically and concluded that gods simply do not exist. The only change in me was that I applied logic to things I and everyone else knows.

That's the truth of it.

• Depends on what Education

As in all groups, there always be an amount of uneducated people. On this specific subject, it depends on what aspect of the education. Atheists who were born from the hatred of a religion usually act irrational. But, Atheists who come from wisely informing themselves and logical reason are usually the intellectual part of the group and deserve to be respected. But, in order to become an Atheist (such as me) one must educate themselves in both opinions and then decide. Although, it is true that religion must be acknowledged in a more theoretical and philosophical aspect, rather than reading a bible or a koran