Unlike Their Parents, Black Millennials Aren’t A Lock For Clinton: Do you think voting for a third party candidate is essentially giving votes to Trump?

• Yes, voting for a third party candidate is essentially giving votes to Trump.

Yes, voting for a third party candidate is essentially giving votes to Trump, and voters must come to that realization quickly. Clinton is far more similar to Sanders than Trump is; therefore, voters must search inside themselves to see what really matters. They will see that Clinton speaks for them.

• Third party is wasted.

Yes, voting for a third party is like casting your vote for the other candidate. To me, it is the same as not voting until the point where a third party candidate actually has a shot at the White House. I really wish that third party candidates were viable, but we can blame the Democrats and Republicans for this.

• Trump benefits from third party voters

Many people who would have otherwise voted Democrat are leaning toward the Green Party candidate or the Libertarian candidate. Voters are highly disappointed with their two main party choices and wanting to vote for a person who more closely represents their view. Conservatives are likely to stay with Trump, but moderate and liberal voters may vote third party.

• Vote for who you want!

I personally have never voted for Hillary Clinton. Its not because of third party candidates but, she just doesn't float my boat and I haven't chosen to hire her given better choices. I've looked into Trump's resume, heard his views on the world and found him to be under qualified to my standards as well as a poor representation for myself in our government. I'm currently researching third party candidates who meet qualifications as well. The decision for my vote will be based solely on whom I deem to be the best qualified for the position for our present time. I will continue to invest my time into the decision as much as possible and have not ruled Hillary Clinton out yet.

I'm not "giving a vote to trump", because unless something amazing happens I am not voting for him. I do not believe in the idea that an independent or outside party has no chance, and will continue to consider my decision with equal merit given to all candidates in order to do my small part in preserving the ideals of democracy.

Should the vote for the candidate of your choice not lead to their position in office, your decision is essentially the same outcome as indecision, aside from the slight benefit that political engines will take notice of your opinion in hopes to win you over in the future.

I do not vote outside of the two largest parties in protest, but it is noteworthy to say that such a decision would seemingly suggest benefit to finally bringing about a much needed reform to our present 2 party oriented voting system. Of course the two parties in power are not likely to support such a thing to begin with.

• No, people should vote for who they believe in

No one should tell people who to vote for, or how to vote. That's a load of twoddle. If someone truly believes in a third party they should vote for them. For years I've voted for third parties here in the UK, parties unlikely to win and I don't care what people think. It's authoritarian and populist to say that people shouldn't vote third party

• It's a vote for no one.

Voting for a third party is not giving votes to Trump any more than it is giving votes to Clinton. When a person votes for a third party, they want to send a message that they aren't happy with either candidate. They want to send a message that people should vote for what a candidate stands for, rather than for what their party affiliation is on a piece of paper.