US health care reform: Is the bill a major reform and step forward?

• US health care reform allows the country to advance into the modern age

At a point in time where the US is really the only technologically advanced country that lacks any form of socialized healthcare, health care reform is a welcome step in the right direction. While "Obamacare" may not be perfect and certainly isn't as sufficient as healthcare in peer countries like Canada, Portugal, or France, it does allow citizens who were formerly uninsured to be able to attain affordable healthcare, taking a significant financial burden off of the federal government.

• A Step In The Right Direction

I believe the Affordable Health Care act isn't really based in reform, it's just changing around and introducing a new laws that help protect people from the insurance companies. I believe it is a step forward, but it will be interesting to see how things work out in the next few years to see if it was really a step in the right direction.

• I think that the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, is a major reform and definitely a step forward.

I think that the Affordable Care Act, also known as
    Obamacare, is a major reform and definitely a step forward. There are other countries that have universal
    health care. Some countries even offer
    free universal health care. At least
    this is a step in the right direction.
    This bill will help millions.

• The Affordable Care Act represents progress

I do believe that the current health care law on the books is a positive milestone in health care reform. This is one of the crucial reasons: in allowing for guaranteed issue of insurance policies, you expand the risk pool across which health care costs are spread. The more the risk pool is expanded, the lower the health care costs per capita go down compared to before. Due to this (and other reasons), I support the new health care reform efforts that are now in law.

• Yes it's a step, but it's not a step forward

I would call it mixed at best. This is because there have been alot of problems with Obamacare. Even though there is some good, there is some bad as well. So it's a mix, but good. Doctors and Health Care Providers, such as chiropractors, will need to get used to new techniques.

• No, I don't consider it a step forward.

From what I have heard from anyone I have talked to who has been impacted by the Affordable Care Act, it has caused difficulty, such as poor insurance, insurance rates being raised, and the like. So far, it seems that the only people benefiting from it are insurance companies. Of course, we don't know what will happen in the future and how things will eventually play out, but so far it has definitely not been a step forward.

• US health care reform: the bill is not a major reform and step forward.

Most people don't support the health care bill. It was not executed well, and there were numerous technical problems with the website. Real reform will come from the free market. The government should not be in the business of health care in the first place, and any such attempts are bound to fail.

• The ACA is poorly designed and does not provide good health care.

Although I do support affordable health care for ALL citizens I don't believe the ACA is the answer. It depends on Insurance companies to abandon their profit motives in order to provide good care. Insurance companies will never do this. If we want good health care for ALL Americans we must look at what works and what doesn't. The ACA was simply a political gambit by both parties, not a serious attempt to provide medical care to those who need it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find it's just another method of the NSA and the government to gather more personal information about us. I believe the ACA will fail. And