US weighs Iraqi air strikes - Obama says US is not sending in ground troops: Will using drone strikes affect the balance of power on the ground?

• Yes, drone strikes will lead the fight.

Yes, using drone strikes will affect the balance of power on the ground temporarily. Drone strikes will add more weight to the fight, and will also reduce the potential for casualties on the US side. It will provide the initial power needed to gain an advantage over the Iraqi ground troops.

• Rock Paper Scissors... rocket beats gun

In my opinion, wars should not be waived. But, if it is necessary to wage war, they should be waged by men. Through the introduction of soldiers which cannot be killed, the value of an opponents life is made obsolete. It will put America under a dangerous pretense for any wars to be

• Un-manned Planes bringing lack of control

I have little patience with the concept of drones, due to the lack of intelligence on board. This means a lack of reaction in the case of flight issues and an increased chance of accidents occurring. I believe the balance of ground power will be swayed if the USA moves towards this option due to the lack of control over the aircraft being used.

• Although off topic, most of these drones are used to kill little children and civilians.

Maybe if America thinks about who they kill and why, they would stop killing everyone. Oh, wait, the Illuminati already wants to kill everyone. Better pay off your debt before ya start another war, southerners. I still remember those 30 000+ civilians and kids you killed in Iraq. I still remember

• Drone strikes have little impact on the overall conflict

The use of drone strikes in the Iraqi conflict will not change the balance of power on the ground. The situation is too far gone for these types of strikes to control. The enemy and their strongholds are difficult to find and hard to accurately strike. There are no bloodless options for the situation to be resolved.