USA vs. Mexico soccer game: Did the referee make unfair calls in the recent USA-Mexico game that resulted in a 2-2 draw?

• Yes, they blew it

The referee seemed more concerned about how his rulings would be viewed than getting them correct. The side judge clearly blew the call -- the fact that the flag went up so late should have been a clue. The US was robbed. The quality of FIFA referees has been questionable for years now -- as has their impartiality. This just adds more fuel to that fire.

• The sideline judge Basically blew it

The game was tied 2-2 in the closing minutes. The United States was putting pressure on and Mexico was on their heels. An american player broke through the middle and gave a perfect ball through the defensive seam to an american striker. The strike timed his run to perfection and left while he was still a step behind the defensemen. The side judge made a delayed call which was totally incorrect, which the replay showed. However, the tripping foul should have been a no call and had no impact on the outcome.

• It did seem a bit unfair.

Watching that USA vs Mexico game, I did find some of the calls to be very puciliar. But, at the same time, I got the feeling that this referee was way out of his league and confused with what to do out there. He almost seemed over matched in a way.

• No, I don't think the referee made unfair calls in the recent USA-Mexico game.

I think that in any sporting event the refs will always blow calls simply because there is so much happening on the field at any time, I think overall the blown calls go in favor of both teams in the end and it all ends up evening out, so I don't think there was anything unfair about it.

• No, it's sports questionable calls are made often.

No, it's sports and in sports we have referee's. It's part of the game, somebody always feels wronged but that's how it is, it's competitive and fans take sides and pull for their team. I feel in this instance the ref made the call he felt was right and with it being so crucial and deciding, of course people will question it. At the end of the day it is what it is, part of the game.