Veterans health care scandal: Should the United States government be held liable for the deaths and suffering of the thousands of veterans who were denied prompt health care?

• The VA failed to follow protocols when prescribing my husband meds.

My husband was 100% service connected, and on multiple medications. He needed general care, he needed blood tests. He died at the age of 45 from hypertension, the #1 side effect for his 3 main meds. In 2010 the VA had him deemed incompetent and wanted to name an outsider as his legal guardian, so I as HOW DID THE VA GO FROM BEING OVERLY CONCERNED TO LOST/FORGOTTEN 3 YEARS LATER? Yes, I do hold the VA accountable for his death.

• Government had responsibility to provide health care to veterans

The United States government should of course be held liable for the deaths and suffering of all the veterans who were denied prompt health care. These veterans did their duty for their country and have been repaid with neglect in their hour of need. It was the government who sent them to war and therefore the government who should be responsible for their care afterwards.

• Yes. Our vets didn't let us down; we can't let them down, either.

"No man left behind" should apply on the battlefield and off. These men and women risked their lives for our country. It's shameful that this scandal is happening, and shameful that there's any debate about whether we need to fulfill our promise to these injured soldiers. We owe them so much more than that.

• Yes, the United States government is responsible for its veterans

Yes, the United States government should be held liable for the health care woes of the veterans denied prompt health care. Veteran men and women were willing to give their lives, their time, and their energy to serve the United States government, and many faced health problems as a result. For the health problems directly resulting from their service, it is my opinion that the United States government is responsible for their wellbeing. Providing prompt health care is part of ensuring the wellbeing of our veterans, and certainly a responsibility that the United States government has.

• I support veterans

When there is a war; who keeps the country secure for us. Of course veterans, thus, they are qualified to receive maximum benefits when they get back from war at least for a long time. If they have been suffering from different diseases and on the other hand they don't have any health care then, Yes, united states government is liable for this scandal.