Victoria's Secret: Is society putting too much pressure on women to have the "perfect bodies"?

• Not only Victoria's Secret does it, it just needs to end

Many ads, on TV, in magazines, have beautiful, SKINNY girls being the center of attention. When guys see them (most) will comment on their appearance. When most ads have women who's body/face has been altered in some way to make them look "more pretty", it's hard for girls to have confidence. Honestly, I'm jealous of all those ads, why? Because they have perfect hair, perfect bodies, perfect face. They are just beautiful and perfect and everyone loves them

• Victoria's Not A Secret

With sexy ads come envious minds. Victoria's Secret ads among many others are becoming more focused on women having the most sexiest and most perfect bodies: rather than selling a product that actually portrays a normal women's body. Pressure is being put on women, from society, to be as skinny and as perfect as one can possibly be. This is not a great thing for our young girls who are starving themselves on purpose everyday, just to have that perfect body they see on the ads. Pressure is being put on young women and older women alike to be what they aren't. Instead of loving themselves for their imperfections, they idolize the Victoria's Secret models as the ideal way to look. If the pressure on our women doesn't subside, many women will take drastic steps to be perfect, like going under the knife, which could put their lives in danger.

• Yes, there is much pressure on women to have perfect bodies

Although over the years there has been some improvement, there is still substantial pressure on women to look at certain way. Victoria's Secret has changed the name of this campaign to "A Body for Every Body", due to the outrage the original name sparked. Advertisers need to wake up and realize that type of advertising is more often than not, going to fail in the future. When a women looks at an ad and knows full well that she does not resemble the woman in the ad in any way, she is not going to buy the product.

• Yes victoria's putting too much pressure on women to have the "perfect bodies" .

Yes victoria's putting too much pressure on women to have the "perfect bodies" .
    City officials cited evidence in The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing and elsewhere that more than 80 percent of 10-year-old girls are afraid of being fat, that girls’ self-esteem drops at age 12 and does not improve until 20, and that that is tied to negative body image.

• Women are judge for the 'perfect' body

I'm 14, yes a bigger girl and yes I am always insulted by the fact that I'm big. People judge me because I have a bigger butt or a bigger bust... But I'm anything but skinny, actually I'm fat. People always tell me, "oh you got a boob job or an ass job even a lip job!" people say I look like a smutty model until I sit next to a girl my age. THEY look stunning next to me. I always am chosen next cause they say u look like uve had plastic surgery or ur ugly... I just dont understand peoples preferances

• There is too much pressure on women to have perfect bodies.

First, society is always photo-shopping women into the "ideal" body shape. This leaves hundreds of girls wondering why they aren't a five foot nine inches tall woman with long blonde hair. This puts immense pressure on girls and ends with them getting breast implants and countless Botox surgeries under 18. It can also lead to cutting and eventual suicide attempts when they don't deem themselves "beautiful" enough. Second, tiny standards people have make it impossible for a woman to feel confident. They are either too skinny or too curvy, too tall or too short. This leaves pressure on girls to fit into the narrow area that is acceptable to be in. Countless reasons show evidence as to why society puts too much pressure on girls to have the "ideal" body shape.

• Too much pressure

I have been hurting myself by not eating
    There are to many girls who are harming themselves to try to have a perfect figure,a perfect bust. There are so many girls who are undergoing breast implants under the age 18! There are drugs involved too,this has to stop. Overweight girls should be treated equally not just because they are heavier.
    Report Post

• Girls are being pressured to have a 'perfect body'

There are girls out there that try to be the size they see. Girls self esteem are dropping because of ads that show that a 'perfect body' is tall, skinny, tan, and has long legs. Not everyone is made the same. Take me and my friend for example. I'm tall, skinny, I have long legs, and I'm tan. My friend is a little shorter than me, she's has more body fat than I do. But when people see that they think that my friend would be fat, but she's actually built like me. Tan, tall, and long legs. Girls are pressured to have a 'perfect body'

• A short yes with an if and a long no with a but

The fashion industry thrives off of people wanting to look great. So there is no reason they shouldn't put out "the best looking people." But it is all a matter of opinion anyways. The best looking people can come in many shaped and sizes, it's just about being comfortable in your own skin. My best advice to people who want perfect bodies is to understand what they really want and make that their goal.

• You, people, are the ones putting pressure on women to have the perfect bodies.

Let's analyse the question, let's look closely to the words forming it. There is no Victoria's secret. These is only a public opinion. You reader, the public, the people are the only ones to decide what should and should not be called "fat". You are the ones who define words. The definition of any word in the dictionary is a result of subjectiveness, the result of the "common opinion".For exemple, how would you define the word "perfect" ? There is no real definition. There is only your opinion. So there is no pressure on women to have the perfect bodies as everyone has a different definition of "perfect".

• No, society is not putting too much pressure on women to have the "prefect bodies"

No, society is not putting too much pressure on women to have the "prefect bodies". Many companies including Victoria's Secret are including plus size models and lingerie in their products and advertisements. Society is putting pressure for women to be healthy, and every body type has a different level of what is considered healthy.

• More than the out shows

Women need to feel confident in all matters of their body. No matter how skinny or fat or even normal sized a women most likely will no feel confident on their body or themselves. Therefore, Victoria secret is promoting confidence in women that a skinny or rather smaller women cwho also has flaws and is probably not 100% self confident and happy in their body is gong out and making a statement and showing the world that no matter size,nationality, color, self confident, or self conscious can be beautiful. These models are putting themselves out there not because they love the way they look. But because they are OK with themselves at that particular time and ok and confident are different. These models are showing little girls that they are beautiful. Because they are themselves. These models are trying just as hard to be happy with themselves just as a women who is not happy with themselves and has no self worth. But we are ALL beautiful within and without. Think of it as this... A stretch mark as a shiny little mermaid gill coming out on your body. A beautiful way to express yourself. A tummy roll. A secret little patch to remind yourself yo be beautiful on the out and the in. Be-you-tiful. Your more then just a number your a hater and a lover

• There is not

No, there is not too much pressure on girls to have the perfect bodies. I mean think about it. We have plus sized models, we have barbies that are plus sized. You could say guys care about how girls look, but in a song it says " Silicone parts are made for toys " a guy sings this song. This shows he doesn't care how us girls look.

• Ye ye ye

Um yes thurvid i i ii i i i i ii i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• It's an advertisement

More women are going to buy a particular bra if they think it makes them look amazing, and same thing for men buying things for their girlfriends and wives. There is nothing wrong with that, it's a business. I admit that there is a lot of pressure to look pretty, but it is a person's choice to care that the societal ideal is something they must uphold. I don't think many people expect the average women to look like this. I can see the arguments why women could be holding themselves to impossible standards but the fact that Americans have created an ideal body in no way means I, or any other woman, is obligated to have an ideal body.