• I go for Video Games.

Video Games have had a very large impact on our culture as a whole. Another reason why is because there is so many things that you can do in video games than you can do in sports. When were you ever able to fight a dragon when playing football, or shoot other people, die, and then re-spawn when playing basketball. Video games have so many environments and situations that just cannot happen in sports.

• It's really a matter of opinion

I like video games more because they improve mental processing ability and because there more fun. I can roam around a new world and explore and discover new thing. With sports I can get sweaty and smell bad. Most jocks I know are really stupid and devoid of reason. All they care about is being popular and playing sports. A sad existence if you ask me.

• Video games is the future....

Our World is changing, were discovering even more now, and we are also getting advanced in technology, people who have gaming consoles or computers have a better understanding of technology than people with bouncing balls and helmets. Also it promotes fast decision making, and it improves hand to eye contact. Sports also has the most injury reports also, you can't get hurt play games.

• Video games are superior to sports because...Video games let you live in a fantasy, this is your tale, not tied by the limits of reality

Sports are fun and do give you great exercise, but you cant jump 10 ft into the air and shoot fireballs out of your hands at a giant fire breathing dragon when playing basketball can you? Or call in a giant laser weapon to destroy the enemy team wearing blue spacesuits.

• Good for the body

I think sports are good because it keeps the body healthy. Video game s are fun to play every once in a while. If you play on a sport team yo meet new people and you are communicating face to face not through a head set. If you play video games you ruin your eye sight. Therefore I think youth and teen should play play real sports not the x-box

• Video games can be art

Video games are, no matter what anyone says, an art form. They can not only be used to relax and be entertained, but to communicate emotional and societal messages that help to improve us as people, especially in the indie game space. Furthermore, video games have the potential to drastically improve your logical abilities, through puzzle and strategy games.

Though sports can also test your cognitive skills, because there' so much a factor of luck in most sports, purely reason and thought based puzzle games require a much higher level of thought. Sports, however, cannot be art. Sure, they're fun, and they can help you get your energy out, but when you watch someone play a sport, you get very little sense of anything about them. They rarely (there are exceptions) use the sport itself to communicate emotions or messages. Sports are fine as entertainment, but they're not art. Sports can be fun, but so can video games. Sports can make you think, but video games can make you think more.

But sports does have one big advantage: exercise. Sports are unarguably healthier for you. But then again, exercise can occur in video games as well, with things like Just Dance and Wii Fit.

• Video games are better by far

First off, a lot of these people have been talking about how video games are not active. Obviously they are focused on the classic FPS type game. However, video games have a wide variety and can include being active (specifically with Wii). For example, you can be up and "throwing a football" without actively concussing yourself. Which brings me to the second thing, you can get hurt in sports. Of course you're not really fighting a dragon, but if you were, you wouldn't get hurt because it's just a game. In sports, it's really easy to get hurt. Football is extremely aggressive, and people get concussions every year from playing it. The point of boxing is to hit the other guy until he can't bear it any more.

• I choose videogames!

I chose videogames because it's super entertaining, relaxing, and you can play with people easily throughout the world! There are also alot of different categories in videogames, like Rpg, or simulation, action, even a "sports"category! So in conclusion, videogames are relaxing, fun for the whole family, and you will never ever be bored by videogames because there are seriously at least one million videogames in the world!

• Sports, of course!

Sports give us exercise and also gives out entertainment. Video games waste our time. It's just sitting here, staring at a screen gaining nothing. Only wasting time. Sports make us healthy. We sweat. We feel good. Video games make us unhealthy. We wear glasses. We aren't active and get headaches.

• Booo booo booo

VIdeo games turn ur heads into mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush

• Wider benefits of sports

OK, obviously this isn't an either/or question - there is room for both. Videogames and sports both serve as a pastime; they can both serve as a medium for social interaction, but the degree of interaction is greater in sport (particularly in team sport); they both offer a degree of intellectual stimulation (videogames probably come out ahead in this category). Sport wins hands down in the physical benefits that it confers, and in the fact that it takes place in the 'real' world. Dealing with victory and defeat with magnanimity and respect for your opponent(s) face to face reinforces social skills in a way that just isn't replicated in the virtual world.

• Sports for me as well.

I myself am in soccer, beach volleyball, and I travel a lot for them both. It helps kids meet new people and stay in shape. The more active and healthier you are, you have a better chance of living longer than those who let themselves go. It gives you something to look forward to in the day.If you're having a bad day you can just go outside get some fresh air and throw the baseball, or football, or even kick the soccer ball around. But if you choose to play video games you don't get anything out of it except for a belly from the chips you eat all day and dark circles under your eyes.

• I choose Sports

Sports draw us in for many reasons, the elegance, the competition, the history, our identification with great athleticism (we may not be able to do it, but they sure can!), a coming together of community in a shared story etc. In a world that is losing its legitimacy; professional sports are essentially sane and fair.

• Video game makes you worst as a person

I had to quit playing soccer once because my mum said it was a waste of time, as a result I played games a lot when i had free times. When I started soccer again, i felt like a completely different person, I had an objective in life and i actually felt physically and mentally strong.

• Sports are so much better.

Although it did take a moment to think about, I do believe that sports are better considering the advantages you get. First of all, it is a fun way to become active, especially for kids who don't have access to workout equipment. Also, playing well in a sport can make you stand out when applying for colleges and maybe you can even get a scholarship.

• Sports for me

Nothing against anyone that enjoys playing video games. If you enjoy playing video games for a living, have at it. Everyone has hobbies. I still have my older consoles but my interests have changed over the last 5 years that I don't bother playing anymore. I've become more of a sports person and have collected memorabilia from some popular sports teams. As for the social aspect, yeah, playing sports can be better than sitting playing video games; both sides have their respective pros and cons.

Posted by: S.K
  • Sports are better

There are several benefits to sports compared to video games. Many sports help people get (and stay) in shape. Sports can help build muscle, speed, flexibility, teamwork, discipline, hand-eye-coordination, confidence, self-defense ( martial arts/MMA), etc.

Video games....Don't offer these things. Sure, they can be fun and help relieve stress, but sports can too. Video games can also make you mentally and physically "dead". Obviously, playing an hour now and then won't be detrimental, but excessive playing makes you feel like crap (I say this from personal experience). Video games seem to discourage any sort of mental or physical work, whereas sports challenge you mentally and physically.

"When were you ever able to fight a dragon when playing football, or shoot other people, die, and then re-spawn when playing basketball. Video games have so many environments and situations that just cannot happen in sports."
    None of these things are 'real'. You're not actually fighting a dragon. You're not actually shooting a gun. Life is short. Rather than waste away on the couch, go out and challenge yourself by doing some sports.

LostintheEcho1498 says2015-01-22T22:11:18.900
Both should be an option.