• Yes, given they have adaquate facalities for them.

I think that as along as you have an adequate facility, understand the risks, and are able to fulfill their needs there shouldn't be an issue. I think many of the problems come from people who lack the necessary skills and facilities required for the care and well being of the animal. I do 100% believe their are risks involved, however, I do not believe that murdering the animal is the correct decision. A careing, clean, well trained facility is the best solution in my opinion.

• Americans should be free to do what they wish, but under supervision.

I believe citizens should be allowed to keep exotic pets if they wish, but only under strict supervision. Owners should have to attend, and pass, an in-depth educational class for the species wanting to be kept prior to getting a license for the animal. I think the cost of any exotic pets licenses should cover the cost of government officials visiting properties monthly to ensure animals are property confined and taken care of. Also there should be programs available for owners to turn their animals into if they can no longer keep them.

• Events have proved that they shouldn't

Although there may be many people who keep exotic pets such as chimpanzees both safely and responsibly, when it goes wrong it goes wrong very badly. You only have to look at the case of Charla Nash to see that even someone used to being around these animals can end up with horrific injuries. It's time for regulation to prohibit these creatures as pets.

• No, Chimpanzees are dangerous animals

No, in my opinion exotic animals such as chimpanzees are sufficiently dangerous to warrant a ban on their ownership in private households. Attacks on exotic pet owners are not uncommon and when that animal is as large as a chimpanzee serious injuries can ensure, injuries that can be life threatening or life changing.

• Not at all.

Many exotic pets pose dangers that are usually unknown to the owner. One example is the threat to the environment. In Florida, exotic pythons were accidentally and purposely release by their owners, resulting in an environmental catastrophic that is still unresolved. Other dangers include the introduction of pathogens endemic to other parts of the globe. One example of this is monkeypox, a disease usually endemic to africa, but has been brought to the US via infected exotic animals. Fortunately, many of the outbreaks in humans are contained. However, the environmental dangers of owning exotic animals outweigh the benefits. I am not mentioning dangers to the owners themselves, because I believe it is ones right to be idiotic enough to harm themselves.

• Possibly Painful Surgeries

These animals can be hurt by painful medical surgeries such as teeth or claw removal. Also, the animal's owner might not be able to pay such bold and large fees. Vets may not have the right or properly certified operating instruments to work on the designated animal with and could hurt the animal even more!

• As much as I would love to, it is not safe

I would love to have a lion as a pet. But no matter what, they have their natural instincts and that is to kill anything that threatens them. They are in the wild for a reason. Even if you try and raise an exotic animal like a lion from when it is a child it is still dangerous. You may even believe that you will be able to domesticate the lion but when that lions grows up you will quickly find out the mistake you have made. Lions grow to be vicious and very strong animals and if you make one mistake then they will kill you. Yes maybe there are some instances where owning an exotic animal worked out fine but the risk you put on it is your life. Just admire the animals in the wild instead of trying to keep them in captivity because for these types of animals it is no way to live because they are living how they were meant to.

• Don't capture what you can't control

Exotic animals such as chimpanzees and wildcats are wild animals that belong in their natural habitat, not in houses. They are unpredictable, and are too dangerous to be kept as pets. Chimpanzees especially are too hazardous to be pets; they can be ferocious and have the tendency to kill. Is that the kind of pet you want?