Violent video games ban: Government intervention - Would a government be justified to intervene in censoring violent video games?

• Yes, there should be established guidelines that censor video games.

It has been demonstrated that video games have sometimes been used before people commit crimes, as a means of training themselves. While most people who play violent video games aren't going to then turn around and commit violence, it can desensitize people. It makes sense for the government to get involved, so that citizens are protected from excessive violence in games, which may lead to real-life violence. At the very least, the current ratings system should be kept, complied with, and enforced.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Freedom of Speech

It is not the place of the government to decide what can or cannot be heard by its populace. Regardless of whether it's video games, music, art, or even public gatherings, we have a right to say and present certain things. If you don't like how this is applied to video games, it is up to you to prevent access to it for your children as that is the argument that many proponents of this bring up.

• My own experiences.

I have been playing video games ever since I was a child. Now at age 24 I am a senior in college, work two jobs, and feel as though I am a valuable member of society. I have played violent video games such as Grand Theft Auto and feel no urges to go running through the streets. It is all in psychological behavior of the individual, and it is nothing you can't see in a movie or television as well.