Wall Street to Correct: Was Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, better than our current Chairman of the Federal Reserve?

• Greenspan was in charge in good times.

Yes, Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve was better than our current Chairman of the Federal Reserve, because Alan Greenspan got results. In his time, the country was very prosperous. Alan Greenspan made smart decisions regarding the fed, and he also instilled the country's confidence as he did it. He was a real leader. The current chairman is struggling.

• Alan Greenspan is One of the Best Federal Reserve`s Chairmen

Alan Greenspan is one of the best Federal Reserve`s Chairmen. His long-standing career spreading from the end-80s to 2006 is exemplary of his high qualities, strength, business expertise, financial acumen, political and managerial skills. Greenspan Federal Reserve Chairmanship has been equally well received and acclaimed during both Democratic and Republican Presidents.

• No, Greenspan was not a better Chairman than Bernanke.

Wile I would agree that Alan Greenspan was competent in his role as Chairman of the Federal Reserve, I believe that Bernanke is doing a much better job. For one thing, Greenspan made some questionable decisions when the housing bubble popped - printing more money that is backed by nothing, driving inflation up and the value of the dollar down. Bernanke, at least, is transparent. Where Greenspan was vague and secretive, Bernanke is an open book, and is making the FED an open book. I don't agree with all of the decisions he has made, but I do appreciate the transparency.

• No, I think the current chair is doing a good job.

No, I think the current chair is doing a good job. I do not consider Alan a poetically wonderful chairman of the federal reserve. I feel that his time has passed anyway and it is good to have new ideas on the table like we do now. I think that the fed has a great leader.