Warrantless wiretapping in the United States: Is the program consistent with the constitution's "separation of powers"?

• Yes it is.

Warrantless wiretapping in the United States is consistent with the constitution's "separation of powers". If warrantless wiretapping was not consistent with the constitution, it would not be happening. Some warrantless wiretapping is needed in order to protect us, and as long as there remains some checks on it, there should be no problems.

• The program is consistent with the constitution's "separation of powers".

The separation of powers has nothing to do with the wiretapping program. The separation of powers is about the election of officials and the passing of legislation. The NSA is working hard to protect the country, and all of the criticism against it is un-American, and it will make the country harder to protect.

• No it's not

No I do not think that warrantless wiretapping in the United States is consistent with the constitution's separation of powers. I think that warrantless wiretapping is against the constitutional rights of American citizens and a violation. I do not think that the government should carry out illegal warrantless wiretapping against it's own citizens.

• No. I do not believe warrantless wiretapping is consistent with the constitution's "separation of powers".

No. I do not believe warrantless wiretapping is consistent with the constitution's "separation of powers", because it does exactly the opposite of that. It serves only to give the government the right, and means to spy on us whenever they like. There is a war on privacy, and the government is winning.

• Not consistent with constitution

The warrantless wiretapping of American citizens as well as their data collection is not consistent with the constitution idea of separation of powers. When congress asked to be briefed on the program they were told that it wasn't happening and were basically lied to. No one can check this and it's wrong.

• Our Government Is A Monster

I do not believe the United States wiretapping policies are consistent with the constitution. I believe the government has become almost unbearable. The government does not honor any type of separation of powers. Our government stalks citizens and harasses some of them on a daily basis, especially reporters and documentary filmmakers. These people have to deal with injustices from all different departments of the government which is just another sign of our overbearing government and all of it's unnecessary policies.

• I need a warrrant

No, I think anything dealing with personal things should have a warrant, we are not allowed to tap into the government's files or database system, without going to jail, so I think out of all circumstances the government should have a warren even if it is wiretapping in the United States.